- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
LOCATION REQUIREMENT: This position requires the candidate to be working remotely in the PNW area by start date - may need to be onsite periodically.
Our Gaming client is looking for an experienced and passionate Technical Artist to work on Halo Infinite. We're looking for a solid team player with excellent communication skills who can work closely with lighting artists and engineers, and also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and technical briefs and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Utilize scripted systems and game editor to achieve specific lighting state goals for the player experience, including time of day and networked play.
- Collaborate with lighting artists to define, implement and document scripted lighting content.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain functionality.
- Playtest, debug and iterate to ensure quality and robustness of scripted lighting systems.
- Help drive improvements for future scripted lighting content.
- Interest in working as a lighting artist creating real time lighting content for the game.
- Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Strong experience with scripted systems such as Lua or Python.
- Experience with real-time game engines and editors such as Unreal, Unity or proprietary tools.
- Understanding of CG lighting technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Network-related scripting experience specifically related to co-op/multiplayer.
- Experience with C++
- Interest or experience working as a Lighting artist in games.
- Visual portfolio of artwork would also be a big plus, but is not a hard requirement for this role.