- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
- As a Senior UXD on the Design Systems team you will be responsible for conducting product audits, identifying patterns, and creating flexible, enterprise-focused components that can be used by all s products with a core focus on the interaction and behavior of the components.
- Understand all of the products patterns and components
- Define the standards for existing and new requirements
- Design new patterns and components for brand language to reflect the needs of the company
- Document the usage, accessibility, and design specs for components within the Design System spec
- Own the review process between multiple teams within the company and address feedback
- Respond to and close bugs related to current components by improving designs
- Work closely with Eng and PM partners to ensure components and patterns are well-documented
- Contribute strategically to the development of an improved process around pattern definition and documentation.
- Create aesthetically excellent work that is true to the brand spirit.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, UX, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6-8 years of experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and peers and build relationships with UX counterparts (design, research), Product Managers, Engineering, and Marketing partners.
- Ability to adeptly execute end-to-end design from concept to launch, create prototypes, and iterate through user research and validation with clear design rationale
- Experience working with early stage efforts, dealing with ambiguity and driving projects forward
- Detail-oriented and organized; strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Proficiency with Figma and other best-in-class design tools
- Understanding of digital visual design best practices and principles
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field + 2-4 years of post-baccalaureate experience in graphic design or a related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience establishing design systems for various brands.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with strong interaction skills for patterns and components
- Interest in or experience with using Content Management Systems (CMS) and,or designing for them.
- Interest in or experience with layout design and visual communications.
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistenly named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
>Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
>Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
>Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
>Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
>Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.