- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients. We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed. We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are an initiative-taking strategist. Possessing a real passion for brands, you have a talent to engage with a wide range of partners successfully and an inherent ability to synthesize disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, strategies and designs. The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of collaboration not only with team members, but also with crossfunctional business teams to develop transformative brand experiences, and understands how these experiences will work across multiple touchpoints. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality.
Deliverables may include: Brand Strategy (vision + purpose, value proposition, brand positioning + personality, brand architecture, portfolio strategy) and Brand Activation (messaging, voice, content, copywriting, naming, launch/campaign strategies) outputs.
This role will work on projects that span the J&J portfolio with a particular focus on Pharmaceuticals.
- You will synthesize inputs and insights to develop Brand Strategies that guide creative execution across multiple touchpoints, including packaging, digital context, structures and environments
- You will identify existing and emerging trends to inform creative and strategic opportunity areas
- You will set and lead project objectives, partnering with other disciplines to define strategies and tactics to net optimal business results
- You have a clear point of view that is articulated through a thoughtful and considered approach to achieve strategic results
- You will grow, build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships and business relationships at all levels of the organization
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Branding/Marketing/Communications or related field
- 7-9 years of related experience (brand strategy + brand execution) preferred
- Experience in Pharmaceutical execution experience is a plus
- Strong visual, written and oral communication skills are required. Experience in Verbal Branding and Naming is a plus
- Clear, concise writing, synthesis, speaking and presentation skills
- Experience preparing and facilitating workshops
- Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.