- Mountain View, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Jose;, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Andrew Banister
We are seeking a Research Associate to support rapid research for several workstreams. This role will support larger research efforts by planning and executing fast turnaround research. This will include concept testing, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, surveys, etc. The Research Associate will work with the broader UX team to plan and conduct the research and to communicate the results.
- Conducting background research, literature reviews, and heuristic analyses
- Preparing user research activities, such as writing and finalizing study protocols, working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab, etc.
- Planning, observing, and moderating sessions and interviews
- Taking notes during study sessions
- Administering questionnaires and surveys
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Communicating findings from the study to the team
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks, etc.).
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Sciences, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of business- or product-oriented experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changing schedules and different tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and comfortable with multi-tasking
- Curious about a broad range of topics within operating system development
- Interest in general research and user research methods
- Familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred, e.g. Figma
- M.S./PhD. in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Anthropology, Information Sciences, or a related field.