- Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Teddy Stackman
This team is building a social User Generated Content (UCG) platform where people can find people, places, and things they care about -- a place without constraints where people have freedom of identity and expression, and can experience living virtual worlds that could not exist in the real world. Our vision is to build a global-scale UGC platform where the world’s creators, performers, entrepreneurs and more will be able to create their place, and enable their communities to connect, engage and play in all kinds of ways. We are driven to create a safe and compelling place for never-ending exploration -- our journey is just the beginning, come join us.
Design Program Managers at this company are passionate connectors and problem solvers. By supporting the various aspects of the Creative team, you will enable Product Designers, Game Designers, and Prototypers to focus their time on designing, building, and shipping products. You will improve team communication, collaboration, remove roadblocks, and help keep your team on track.
1. This role will focus on supporting hte company's efforts to bring this program to mobile devices and other surfaces beyond VR.
2. Provide leadership and ongoing operational support for projects from ideation through execution. Includes roadmap planning, milestone breakdown, resource management, facilitating Design Reviews, and driving collaboration within cross-functional teams
3. Drive large, cross-company design sprints. Responsibilities include sprint planning, recruiting participants, managing and assigning design tasks, coordinating across disciplines, identifying deliverables required for execution, playtesting, publishing sprint outcomes, and ensuring timely follow-up and completion of work
4. Help teams improve their operational effectiveness by identifying and addressing issues with workflows or tooling, set and measure performance goals, and fostering a collaborative and creative community
5. Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establish clear next steps and owners while resolving blocks that impede progress
6. Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams 7.
7. Define and measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively
8. Source and manage operational budgets, vendor relationships, and contracts
1. Minimum 10 years of experience as a program manager, digital producer, or project manager working on digital products
2. Experience as a Producer or Program Manager at a mobile, AR, or VR game studio preferred
3. Experience working on 0-to-1 products, executing design sprints with many stakeholders, supporting roadmapping, prototyping, user research, and resource planning
4. Track record of operating independently and without oversight
5. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with lots of ambiguity
6. Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions