- Remote/Virtual (PDT Required)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
This Documentation team is looking for a technical writer to document a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service. This service makes it simple and cost-effective to efficiently analyze data using business intelligence tools and query editors.
Ideally, you have a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. Any experience you have with web services, Linux, XML, and GIT is also a bonus. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in these areas, we hope you are excited to learn about them.
This is our flagship data warehouse service, and we have a great opportunity for a technical writer with database skills. In this role, you'll create getting-started guides, in-depth documentation on product features and API reference materials. You'll also continuously improve existing documentation, based on customer feedback. Your work will directly contribute to customer success, enabling them to build solutions using the most popular and fastest-growing cloud data warehouse.
In this role, you'll work directly with development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. You'll need a technical background that enables you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers and program managers. In addition, you'll need excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
• Follow our style guides and standards to deliver high-quality content for customers
• Write or edit sample SQL queries and command line examples
• A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
• Experience working with database products, including proficiency with SQL (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or SQL Server)
• Familiarity with a programming language, such as Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, etc.
• Experience designing and delivering developer documentation
• A degree in computer science, or a related field is highly desirable
• Experience working directly with development teams
• Experience with XML-based publishing systems
• Experience with web services and related technologies
• Experience with ETL, data warehouses, data science, or data analytics products and platforms
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results