- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Sara El-Shami
Aquent is looking for a Visual Designer for our Fortune 500 client. This is a full time, remote role for 3+ months to perm with full benefits - medical, dental, 401K and more. As the design aesthetic lead, the Mobile Visual Designer plans for, creates and manages clear, consistent, and engaging high-quality native mobile user interfaces to drive bottom-line business results for the company. You’ll work across a broad range of customer experiences and touchpoints, including branded websites, application and product development, e-commerce, iOS, Android, and other digital content and software.
The Visual Designer also supports the overall brand objectives by ensuring accessible design consistency, and by communicating brand values and the design language through every stage of the customer journey. You’ll be an expert at leveraging typography, color, iconography, illustration, digital imagery, motion and layout design into an enterprise-wide consistent design system.
The Mobile Visual designer is an expert at leveraging Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design.
You’ll use design thinking and keep the user at the center of everything we do when collaborating with UX Content Designers, UX Designers, and UX Researchers. You’ll work within an agile framework to create human-centered visual design solutions that utilize customer insights, data, legal and stakeholder input.
• Ideate, design, and govern clear and engaging UX Visual design solutions that help drive business results across the entire customer journey.
• Utilize extreme attention to detail to turn product, marketing and business requirements into an elegant, modern, clear and concise native mobile experiences for our customers.
• Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary UX team to design a variety of compelling user experiences
• Use data, research and insights to inform designs and evaluate their impact and derive customer insights that will help us solve our biggest customer problems and show real business results.
• Support feature development, components, user flows, product logic, and education.
• Work with and gain approval from other stakeholders and maintain visual design and interaction consistency.
• Create, maintain, contribute, and evolve the design system guidelines and pattern library.
• Serve as brand ambassadors and owners of the design aesthetic.
Education and Experience
• 4+ years as a UX mobile visual designer, experience designer, art director, UI designer, or product designer (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience with design systems, pattern libraries, accessibility
• Familiarity with responsive web experiences
• Experience with iOS and Android design guidelines, as well as web-based design systems
• Degree from art or design institution
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Training or experience using human-centered design techniques
• Excellent communication & design skills, including storytelling, color, typography, a keen eye for design aesthetic, and presentation
• Expert level knowledge of key design tools, including Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin & Invision
• A relentless focus on the user
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to collaborate closely with peers, managers and stakeholders across disciplines and at all levels throughout the org
• A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think
• Familiarity with lean UX and agile development processes
• Comfortable facilitating team members using human center design techniques to reach desired outcomes.