- Richfield, MN
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
*Background and Drug screen required. Major medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, paid holidays, and PTO.
Our GROWING Minneapolis client is looking to add a Sr. UX Designers to their Discover and Shop Experience Team.
REMOTE in anythe following cities: Twin Cities, Seattle, San Diego, Boston, Atlanta
REQUIRED: Portfolio demonstrating case studies
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE the following to be considered:
- Machine Learning and AI design experience
- User research experience Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Systems Design
- At least 4 years of experience as an Experience Designer
- Visual Design/ Machine Learning Design
As an Experience Designer on the Discover and Shop Experience Team, you will work with a collaborative team of experience designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists to create compelling human centered experiences across digital and physical touchpoints. You will provide strategic thinking, create high-level deliverables for initiatives in support of strategic product outcomes. Within Discover and Shop, The Enablement Tools Experience Design team works to build useful and compelling tools for employees to optimizing the digital customer journey, prioritizing the customer, and helping them from discovery to purchase. The Experience Designer role plays a central role in the promotion of Human Centered Design, participates in defining and facilitating discovery efforts, is responsible for the communication of design intent, delivering solutions, and advocating for continuous improvement of experiences for our customers.
This Experience/ Machine Learning Designer role will pair with product teams in producing internal tools for employees to facilitate the customer experiences in web and app. The primary team this role will with work with will be the Adaptive Platform and Experimentation team. This team includes a modular and extendible system for both A/B testing as well as leveraging turnkey machine learning models for contextual decision-making across business domains.
Position Summary/Job Description: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Use creative facilitation techniques and design thinking processes and take the lead with your partners to understand the problem space to foster a shared vision of the future.
• Work with experience designers, product managers, data scientists, and stakeholders to gain alignment on problem statements and solutions, aligning customer and business needs.
• Leverage user research, site metrics, and usability findings to back up assertions, make recommendations, and drive strategy.
• Foster and participate in a culture of collaboration, feedback, and continuous improvement.
• Partner with customer research, analytics, consumer insights and A/B testing teams on methodology and approach for the vetting and testing of UX strategies.
• Collaborate with UX leadership on the evolution and continual maturation of our experience design practice and brand expression.
• Current samples of work that demonstrate advanced knowledge and skill in experience design including a skillset in information architecture and data visualization.
• At least 4 years of experience as an Experience Designer or 8 or more years in a Design related role (e.g., Product Designer, Information Architect, Visual Designer, Interaction Designer, Copywriter, etc.).
• Advanced knowledge of Experience Design principles and deliverables (i.g., designs, wireframes, process flows, prototypes, etc.).
• Skills with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Mural, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.
• Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
• Experience developing prototypes and leading workshops and jam sessions
• Strong interpersonal skills. An ability to present designs, drive consensus and negotiate trade-offs effectively
• History of creative problem-solving and issue resolution
• Ability to work through complex design solutions and understand the technology behind those solutions
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• History of proactive communication, storytelling and interpersonal skills
• History of balancing the agile work environment and iterative product development with maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user journey
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
4 years’ experience in each of the following areas (design related fields)
1. Information Architecture
3. Collaboration with product team members and fellow experience designers
4. Ability to work independently as a sole UX Designer in work stream