- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michele Giella
Job Title: Assistant Marketing Manager
Job Function/Team: Marketing – Campaigns & Content
Job Type: Contractor Targeted
Duration: 6 months
Location: FSC (San Francisco) OR Remote-eligible
Our Marketing organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether supporting our digital initiatives, planning our loyalty program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, writing copy, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make the beauty world feel like it’s theirs—and our place as the industry leader. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
As a contracted Assistant Marketing Manager for client, a national beauty retailer, you will be responsible for supporting the orchestration and execution of key campaigns and content stories in support of our client's newest partnership. As our client continues to rapidly grow in 2022 and open 400+ stores, the AMM will play a critical role on the team to help support cross-functional communication as campaigns are prioritized and adapted for the retail business and client, and to ensure campaign milestones are completed with a high degree of accuracy and on-time efficiency. Reporting to the Director of Marketing with close mentorship from the Manager, you will work crossfunctionally with teams to bring the best of our client to life inside (retailer).
• Partner with cross-functional teams to align and execute 360 marketing campaigns prioritized for retailer's across in-store (e.g., windows, fixtures, collateral) and digital (e.g., site, email, social, video) – including finalizing all asset lists, identifying key messaging/versioning needs, participating in campaign development meetings for multi-branded and select promo campaigns
• Support campaign briefing and development for our client’s unique campaigns – including in-store fixtures and new store opening campaigns
• Manage overarching marketing priorities calendar and publish/share across multi-functional teams on a regular basis
• Build reciprocal partnerships in a highly matrixed organization – building relationships across merchandising/brand marketing, dotcom, creative, PM, C&C, loyalty/promo/BI, store ops, store education, and analytics
• Support manager with testing and learning to uncover insights about optimal marketing/messaging mix and client behaviors. Summarize and share key learnings cross-functionally and with retailer’s to inform best practices and optimize campaigns.
• Assist with synthesizing third party data, consumer insights and performance results shared by retailer’s to inform future marketing plan development and optimization of content mix 2
• Demonstrate our client's values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
• 2-4 years of experience
• Collaborative mindset – working cross-functionally with ease
• Exceptional organizational skills with very high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to be a proactive, resource self-starter – with independently managing/tracking projects end-to-end and navigating ambiguity
• Effective communication skills
• Strong multi-channel marketing skills across store, digital, social, and email
• Experience in agency, retail, and/or beauty industry preferred