- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
In this studio, we have several design teams working on a variety of Feed segments. We are in need of a Design Generalist skilled in Visual and Interaction Design to support one of them; News. This designer will partner with a Design Lead and work alongside Project Managers and Engineers to ideate, iterate, and develop the future scope of products spanning World News, Local Knowledge, and rich Multimedia Content.
We are looking for a designer that is familiar with UX but they don't need to be interaction specialists, necessarily. Visual skills/aesthetic appeal is the most important quality. An ideal candidate’s portfolio content must be immersive and engaging with high polish.
Performs some aspects of the following work:
- Designs that show interaction flows and "look and feel" of features across desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Experience working within a visual system, brand toolkit, and/or interface guidelines
- Experience with motion prototypes to assist with presentations
- Cross-collaboration with other design teams working on shared ideas
- 2-5+ years of UI/UX and work-related experience required.
- Have a good understanding of UX (user experience, web, and mobile interaction patterns).
- Strong visual/UI design skills.
- Proficiency with collaborative design software (i.e. Figma, Sketch).
- Excellent communication and project management skills required.
- Ability to work under constant deadline constraints is required.
- Must have the ability to understand technical issues and communicate information effectively.
- Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS) is a plus.
- Experienced working within and adopting an existing design system.
- Portfolio review required.
- Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related area required.
- A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.