- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Job Description: Sr Product Designer
Candidates must be located 3-hrs from one of the following locations/ markets: Bay Area, CA, Northwest, Arkansas, Hoboken, NJ, Carlsbad, CA, Portland, OR, Seattle WA, Reston, VA, Dallas, TX.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Enterprise experience solving complex design problems, design systems and agile experience
PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENT: *In-depth case studies to support work*
As a Sr Product Designer, you will help transform complex workflows and information into easy-to-use experience design. You will use your knowledge of the Design Thinking process to collaborate with partner teams, facilitate conversations, create concepts, run design sprints, and build rapid prototypes to leverage collective creativity. You’ll will focus on growing your strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the broader team. You will create and champion a highly usable experience before delivering pixel-perfect designs.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong design aesthetic that brings together brand expressions and systems thinking. You practice universal design and believe in inclusion.
- A track record working cross-functionally with shipping successful products.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and make it simple.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframe and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- A strong understanding of Design Thinking principles and practices.
- Experience with Design Sprints and Customer Journey Mapping.
- The ability to see problems from various angles and create well-rounded solutions.
- Track record of educating and mentoring designers.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing best-in-class product experiences with a focus on craft.
- Partnering with design research to create insightful design solutions.
- Constantly balancing business goals with user needs.
- Rapid prototyping and experimenting in a fast-paced environment.
- Multitasking across different projects and adapting to changing priorities.
- Working with our Design System team to expand the component library.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Communicating effectively with kindness and empathy.
- Collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends, in and out of retail.
- Degree in HCI, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and 2+ years of experience in product design, or a Masters degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of elegant design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 2 year design experience OR 3 years design experience.
- 1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS).
- Bachelor Degree and 2 year's design experience OR Masters Degree OR 3 years' design experience