- Bay Area, CA; Mountain View, CA; Seattle, WA; Boston, MA; Cambridge, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
Our UX Research team is part of an organization, which deals with maps, spatial data and tools to help people make decisions in the real world. Our particular focus is on users, tools and data that involve geospatial data and impact sustainability. We work with product, tech and design partners and stakeholders to create solutions for people trying to make the world a better place. These include educators, students, and decision makers working in government, education, NGO and business sectors.
- Conduct qualitative user research (interviews, usability studies)
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Conduct literature reviews
- Create presentations (decks, docs, highlight reels)
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Partner with Design, Product, Engineering & Program Management partners to implement recommendation
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist other researchers with planning & execution of research
- Conduct qualitative user research (data collection, analysis/ synthesis)
- Communicate research findings to stakeholders and partners
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of user research experience.
- Solid understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different qualitative evaluative research methods like user interviews, usability lab studies, cognitive walkthroughs, participatory design activities, card sorting and others.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work with minimal supervision on a variety of tasks.
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- Expertise in experimental design (A/B multi-variate testing) and statistical analysis
- Skill in graphic and video editing tools.
- Portfolio to be included if possible
- Experience running foundational user research studies.
- Experience with quantitative research methods, analyzing large scale open-text data.
- Experience with Qualtrics, R, Python