- Madison, WI; Open To Other Locations
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
This UX team creates simple solutions to complex problems through craftsmanship in every detail from research to design to code. We support a product suite to unlock the power of the company's data and enable product teams across the company to build the next generation of data driven innovations. We do this through, insightful UX research, problem framing, and solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers and user researchers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that power the company's most impactful tools.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily in-lab usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Assist other user researchers with various user research preparation activities
- Literature reviews
- Lab setup & management
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Highlight-video creation
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Basic user testing analyses
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Work with content at many levels (style guides, templates, analytics). Partner with Product, Program Management, UX, UXR, engineering, support operations, legal, PR, and other editorial groups to ensure content consistency and transparency.
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: usability studies, concept tests, benchmarks, diary studies, interviewing consumers (aka user interviews), field research, surveys.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience.
Nice to Have Requirements
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.