- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886,
J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We
blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose.
This is what sets us apart.
J&J Design (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and
Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare
providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new
product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and
As a member of the IXS team, you will synthesize disparate inputs into fresh insights, and use those insights to frame
new opportunities for innovation that you shape, creatively and analytically, into meaningful, care-centered solutions.
You will bring a steady balance of aspiration and empathy, encouraging our partners to envision what’s possible, and
desirable, while also recognizing what’s required to get there.
With the rise of personalized medicine, pharmaceutical supply chains are evolving as never before to be more
individualized, more guided by data and insights, and more connected to healthcare ecosystems. At its heart, this role
strives to envision new supply chain capabilities and services required to bring future therapies to life. As a Design
Strategist, you will play a fundamental role in illuminating unmet patient and customer needs, making the complex
simple and understandable, and catalyzing the development of best-in-class customer and care experiences.
- You will bring a design thinking skillset to help our supply chain organization become more human-centered
- from the perspective of all those involved in bringing new therapies to life—from customers and providers at
- sites of care, to new manufacturing and logistics systems
- You will create “supply chain journey maps”—a way to visualize current and future states in terms of what
- matters most across the supply chain experience, what’s standing in the way, and what might we do
- You will scope, plan and conduct primary and secondary research to understand the end-to-end experience
- flow, and you will synthesize learning in an engaging way to help teams identify problems worth solving
- You will design and facilitate workshops which guide and inspire cross-functional teams to envision future
- supply chain solutions, services, and systems
- You will build clear and compelling strategic narratives, using a range of media/tools to help stakeholders
- across the organization “get,” and get excited by, new opportunities to drive strategic advantage through
- supply chain innovation
- At least a bachelor’s degree; a graduate degree is preferred
- 7 - 9 years of strategic design leadership-related experience
- Strong candidates will demonstrate excellence in one, and ideally more, of the following skills:
- Insight development. Planning and facilitating research and articulating the “ah-has”
- Strategic acumen. Making sense of the complex to drive decisions and action
- Visualization. Bringing thinking to life, from frameworks to concepts
- Orchestration. Driving engagement and co-creation across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Tech-savvy. Combination of experience, interest and know-how to go deep into the technical
- side of the healthcare supply chain related to pharmaceuticals
- A portfolio (PDF or link) MUST be included with the submission!
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.