- Austin, Texas
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer (Austin or Dallas)
Location: Hybrid in Dallas or Austin only.
Pay: $35-37/hourly. Full benefits offered.
Duration: 12+ months, likely extension or conversion to full time.
**Candidates must work on site in a hybrid model in either Gracy Farms (Austin) or Westlake (Dallas), candidates not in these locations will not be considered**
Samples must be included for consideration.
Our client is seeking a Videographer / Motion Graphic Creator to join our in-house video production operation. As a Video Content Creator, you will be dedicated to creating new, one-of-a-kind content and have a passion for storytelling. You will work with a larger team of creative professionals, supporting company goals and media initiatives, meaning that a collaborative mindset is an absolute must.
• The Videographer/ Motion Graphic person will work as part of the marketing department to create content
• Work closely with our marketing director and CMO team to develop and create videos, including promotional, marketing, and company videos
• Create engaging video experiences in multiple formats, including documentary/live action, and motion graphics
• Manage media assets and archiving on all company projects
• Engage in opportunities to develop original content
• Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines. You’ll need to be able to work with timelines that may sometimes shift and reprioritize work as needed
• Experience with related apps (like Davinci Resolve) is a plus.
• A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and create novel solutions
Our ideal candidate will be creative, flexible, and thrive in both short form video, motion graphic editing, and experimenting with different content ideas.
• Videography and production experience • Professional on-set demeanor
• Experience creating videos from concept to final product
• Knowledge of current trends that perform well on various social media platforms
• Knowledge of the video production process
• Understanding of all types of cameras including DSLR’s, Sony C300, Canon EOS C700, Red Camera, and ARRI camera’s is a plus
• Knowledge of and the ability to select appropriate camera lenses, and other equipment including dollies, camera cranes etc.
• Knowledge of prepping and operating gimbals. DJI RS2 & DJI RSC2 • Production skills: videography, camera operation, lighting, and quality sound capture
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
• Create motion graphics based on design briefs for video content
• Plan, concept and layout preparation for motion graphic project
• Advise on best practices and optimizations throughout design process
• Work with edited video footage to create templated and one-off animations and graphic overlays.
• Must be extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once
• Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills • Enthusiastic attitude and team player
• Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
• 3-5 years of video production and motion graphic experience
Candidates must have experience behind the camera, ACTUALLY SHOOTING AND OPERATING THE CAMERA
Reminder that all submissions must include work samples
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world.
We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all.
As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.