- Austin, Texas
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
Video Editor / Producer (Austin or Dallas)
Location: Hybrid in Dallas or Austin only.
Pay: $35-37/hourly. Full benefits offered.
Duration: 12+ months, likely extension or conversion to full time.
**Candidates must work on site in a hybrid model in either Gracy Farms (Austin) or Westlake (Dallas), candidates not in these locations will not be considered**
Samples must be included for consideration.
Producer: Pre-pros. Schedules. Timelines. These words are part of your regular vocabulary. That’s because you’re a producer, through and through, and you love playing a pivotal role in bringing ideas to life.
You have a notebook filled with estimates and your phone list filled with contacts.
You can oversee the entire delivery of a project—from beginning to end—while keeping an even-keeled attitude.
You’re a fountain of knowledge when it comes to video production. You are a pro when it comes to scheduling and creating responsible timelines and also keeping teammates updated on a regular basis.
You’re a team player who knows communication and collaboration are keys to success.
Your goal will be to ensure processes are in place so that great work (emphasis on the “great”) is produced efficiently, on time, and within budget.
What you’ll do:
• Manage video deliverables from project inception through completion
• Create and manage multiple projects at once while having the ability to prioritize projects
• Work with internal partners across the firm—Content Strategy, Account Management, Creative, Project Management, Brand Management and clients—in developing ideas and bringing projects to fruition
• Be seen as a key contributor on a team of in-house content creators
• Provide professional insight and advice to the cross-functional teams
• Promote the video team’s work both internally and externally
• Coordinate and ensure videos are appropriate for broad distribution via multiple channels as well as social sharing, natural search, and syndication
• Align video projects with agency content strategy and brand guidelines
• Articulate when and where video is most effective in digital campaigns and marketing efforts
• Recommend and adhere to best practices related to ideation, process, and format
• Create engaging video experiences in multiple formats, including documentary/live action, product demo and animation, for a variety of audiences
• Provide expertise in all aspects of the production process and associated technical asks, including video/film, editing, sound-design, post-production
• If needed, support the E.P. on set during live action production
• Coordinate crew on set
• Act as 2nd AD
• Update video status report
• Manage multiple video, social and animation projects
• Provide clear and accurate communication in regard to team member tasks and deliverables
• Route projects through the internal system until final approval (Creative Review, Editorial Review, Brand Review)
• Work with partners across the firm - Content Strategy, Account Management, Creative, Project Management, Brand Management and clients
• Provide professional insight and advice to cross-functional teams
• Source freelance crew for off-site video and photo shoots
• Share best practices for video editing, sound design and post-production
• Work with vendor management and external freelancers for additional resourcing needs
• Minimum of 5 years of video production experience, at least 3 years of which have been in an agency environment
• A general understanding – or a strong desire to learn about the financial markets and investment products
• Experience in creating branded video content in a corporate or agency environment—be prepared to provide samples
• A multi-tasker mentality
• Highly organized to ensure that production stays on track and on budget
• Proven experience with advanced project management software
• Successfully managed and completed multiple video projects simultaneously
• A critical and creative eye and rigorous attention to detail
• Well-versed in creating, managing, and providing a rationale for budgets
• Comfortable in embracing a brand voice and guidelines and bringing brand purpose to life in the work.
• Comfortable collaborating and interacting in a business setting
• BA/BS required
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world.
We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all.
As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.