- Los Angeles - Remote anywhere USA
- Job Terms:
- $100k - $180k
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
We seek talent that values integrity and personal growth within an environment of intense collaboration and experimentation.
Our mission - create timeless entertainment that makes positive change to the human psyche worldwide. If you’ve been wanting to have a positive impact on people's lives and the creative challenges associated with doing something different and unique, then come help us shine brighter together.
- Design character rigs for humanoids and various creatures.
- Review existing character rigs and improve them to be more efficient.
- Skinning characters
- Develop Art Tools (Mel Scripting) supporting the Animation pipelines..
- Write custom shaders.
- Working in our proprietary engine, help to establish our character pipeline.
- Work across several art disciplines including shading, rigging, animation, and general art support as the need arises.
- Lead efforts in building foundational systems for art to establish scenes, animation, rigging, FX, and material tests.
- Coordinate with art, technical, and studio leads to help build and maintain a high-performance art pipeline from creation to final package delivery.
- Contribute to the unique product artistic vision holding high standards for aesthetics and technical art implementation.
- Optimizing art content for performance.
- 3-5 or more years experience as a Technical Artist or Rigger
- Proven understanding of body anatomy and plans to reproduce these in rigs and in-game characters
- Demo Reel demonstrating human and creature rig techniques.
- Must have 3 or more years experience with Maya and modern 3D art pipelines
- Proven experience building tools for modern art pipeline with a solid understanding of game engine scripting (ex. Unity, Unreal, Proprietary Engine)
- Solid experience working with shader and materials in Game Engine
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines, including character and environment systems
- Portfolio demonstrating the technical artistic ability
- Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own tasks and seeking out answers when needed
Nice to Haves
- Writing c++ code and having worked with game engines previously would be a plus
- Knowing Mel, Python, Lua, C++, GLSL is a plus
- Strong communication skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in Computer Science, 3D graphics, or related field
- Experience working with offsite art and programming teams
We believe that games should be played, shared and enjoyed by everyone. By shifting our mission and approach on what it means to create a game, we aim to nurture a welcoming environment where team members can experiment, collaborate and support each other to create truly innovative games. We value our team’s integrity, personal growth and contribution at every step.
All hires are expected to contribute to making our studio a more inclusive, positive environment for great people and great work to grow and flourish. If you feel an affinity for our work and wish to make a meaningful contribution to our mission, we would love to hear from you.