- (Santa Monica) Remote OK
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Karson Gries
As a UX Designer you will have the opportunity to pioneer cutting-edge User Experiences for an exciting AAA franchise. You will ensure an intuitive and engaging experience to the player, delivering on and above the expected standard across the projects UI and gameplay mechanics.
You will work closely with our UI and design teams in an iterative development environment and be responsible for bridging the gap between design ideation and functional user interaction. You will work closely with user research to gain insight into player experiences, iterate, and present findings to inform your design approach. Ensuring accessibility and usability is at the forefront for our player experience.
• Work closely with the UI team to establish a consistent visual language that supports the experience.
• Collaborate with Game Designers to translate game system requirements into experiences.
• Translate abstract requirements into clear, implementable flows and screens. Architecting storyboards, prototype flows and interactive wireframes to define a AAA user experience in key areas of the projects UI.
• Surface usability problems and solve them to reduce friction points in player experiences.
• Participate in stakeholder reviews and effective communication to deliver designs into playable experiences.
• Track changes, iterate upon existing designs, and maintain thorough and up to date UX/UI specifications and documentation.
• 2-3 years’ experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or related role.
• Extensive experience with UX software packages, such as Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch etc.
• Expertise in information architecture and interaction design best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and articulate ideas clearly.
• Autonomous and pro-active in your work.
• Experience working with UI artists and developers to oversee implementation of UX vision.
• UI Art skillset or background.
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.