- Santa Monica (Remote OK)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Karson Gries
As a Senior UI Artist you will have the opportunity to develop cutting edge UI for a truly exciting AAA project.
The Initiative is seeking an inspiring, highly motivated Senior UI Artist. You will work alongside the UI Lead, Art Director as well as UX Designers and Engineers to deliver a memorable and intuitive player experience. In this position, you will be responsible for defining the UI visual identity from initial style development through to final implementation.
• Work alongside the UI Lead to create industry leading UI art, working from initial design ideation through to final integration into game engine.
• Design cutting edge UI solutions that support the gameplay objectives and art direction.
• Work closely with the game design team to create concepts and content that align with the projects core vision and product goals.
• Work closely with Engineers and Tech teams to implement design solutions to a meticulous and pixel perfect standard.
• An obsessive eye for detail and excellence.
• Drive the development of Style Guides and Process Guides.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of current UI/UX standards, constraints, and future trends.
• Be a champion for accessibility and usability in games.
• Communicate proactively and effectively in portfolio reviews with stakeholders.
• 5+ years’ experience designing AAA UI Art for games.
• A Portfolio that showcases a breadth of experience and talent in User Interface Design and Graphic Design.
• Extensive experience with visual development software tools. Including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, XD etc.
• A strong and proven skillset using color theory, composition, layout, typography, and iconography.
• Production experience with modern real time game engines such as Unreal/UMG.
• A strong passion for both playing and developing games.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and articulate ideas clearly.
• Autonomous and pro-active in your work, requiring minimal management overhead.
• Experience with 3D modelling software (Maya. Cinema 4D).
• Experience skillset in Motion Graphics development.
• Previous experience with Unreal Engine.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.