- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
We are partnering with a leading Fortune 500 Apparel where they are looking to bring on a Business Affairs Manager for their Production Team. This role is exciting as you'll be helping build out their US operations being the main Business Affairs point of contact for the production team reviewing all advertising concepts. This role will be a cross-functional role partnering with global teams within legal, brand production, procurement, brand operations, design, and in-house advertising agencies.
This position can be worked fully remote in the USA and is an on-going, 40 hour a week project with the hopes to convert into a full-time employee internally at our client!
Day to day:
• Provide business affairs services and advice to protect business interests in its marketing content and ensure that related obligations are documented appropriately.
• Support the acquisition of necessary rights and legal clearance for activations from creative development to final delivery, whether led by an external agency/partner or internally produced content
• Support project alignment with policies, current regulations and industry best practices
• Confer with internal legal teams to ensure that rights acquisition and activation is legally sound and consistent with business practices.
• Support copy clearance process to enable compliance with our content review policies, including sustainability and product benefit messaging
• Evaluate creative concepts, scripts, storyboard and edits and associated production elements for potential business affairs issues and risks and communicate Legal BA advice and recommendations to address risks and secure necessary rights; liasise with the appropriate legal teams where required.
• Maintain updated library of business affairs agreements ensuring alignment with our policy and industry best practices
• Maintain business affairs group sharpoint ensuring most up-to-date content is available and improving functionality when required
• Support internal production teams with completion of business affairs agreements/shoot paperwork
• Ensure alignment with Covid shoot production guidelines confirming adherence to the policy and fluctuating local government regulations and industry advice; provide support and guidance to internal teams and external partners on guidelines;
• Work on various projects and perform administrative functions as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A strong sense of business affairs management and administration with an ability to make practical evaluations of risk. Able to critically assess progress, anticipate business affairs issues and provide solutions.
• Ability to work independently and manage and prioritise a substantial and diverse workload.
• Understanding of the global marketing/advertising industry, including knowledge of global advertising regulations.
• Understanding of rights management and IP, including negotiations + contracting
• Flexible and result-oriented; Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’.
• Ability to remain calm during stressful situations while managing urgent deadlines, organising and multi-tasking a variety of details in ever changing situations with a diplomatic and problem-solving attitude.
• Team player, highly collaborative, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency working with Office 365, Sharepoint and Smartsheet
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 4+ years experience in a global Business Affairs role
• Understanding of the advertising pre-production, production, and post-production processes.
Our client strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with brands built on a passion for sports and a sporting lifestyle. They are committed to continuously strengthening brands and products to improve their competitive position. Their strategic focus is on increasing brand credibility, elevating the experience for their consumers, and pushing the boundaries in sustainability. The execution of their strategy is enabled by a mindset of innovation across all dimensions of their business as well as their digital transformation.