- Cambridge, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- June 2022
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
This position will be hybrid on site in Cambridge. This is a temp to permanent role after a few months.
Sr. UX Program Manager is a detail-oriented self-starter who is skilled and experienced in collaborating with all relevant teams to facilitate seamless execution and creative excellence. S/he is responsible and accountable for the efficient management of the UX workflow and leading the planning of the project.
Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Particular focus on resource allocation, schedule facilitation, workload balance, and change management for UX Strategy, Design, prototyping and the full UX lifecycle.
- Effectively summarize and communicate project status to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ensure that dependent business unit schedules are known and identified in advance to all participants (who needs to launch what when and what is required for that effort).
- Facilitate the definition of project scope and deliverables.
- Strong technical, process analysis, documentation and mapping skills.
- Proven problem solver with expert knowledge of UX and Design workflow best practices
- Unflappable, with the ability to bring a sense of calm assurance to high-energy interactions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, and communication skills: Ability to negotiate a complex organizational structure and drive consensus across stakeholders.
- Ability to construct workable solutions when presented with multiple and, often times, conflicting points of view
- Experience with agile development and tactical skills such as spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and electronic workflow software, a must
- Anticipate issues and risks associated with project implementation and work with functional management to develop strategies to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Manage multiple projects, tasks, priorities, and internal expectations.
- Implement and maintain a collaborative team environment involving different functional areas.
- Work in concert with functional teams, identify and work to implement necessary process adaptations.
- Lead process improvements and creative tool implementation.
- Develop, implement, and shepherd continuous improvements and process opportunities
- Orchestrate cross-teams to deliver high quality, on-time design deliverables, accounting for on-the-fly program needs and changes as they occur.
- Minimum BA/BS
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time
- 10+ years of project/process management, operations or strategy analyst experience.
- Experience managing complex projects through all phases of the UXproject lifecycle to a successful conclusion (on time, on budget, benefits delivered) in a large scale, complex global environment
- Experience in Lean, iterative design process and Agile development process
- MUST HAVE DESIGN SPRINT EXPERIENCE
- Must be a pragmatic and objective communicator who can present project status and creative and design operational efficiency to all levels of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially as they relate to presenting, articulating and defending research and design decisions
- Familiarity with pharma/health technology is a plus.
- Must have Agile experience