- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design team works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals, MedTech and Corporate. By applying the power of design, we optimize the user experience for patients, consumers, healthcare providers and employees.
Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to collaborate with business partners from inception and at every stage of design development. This empowers us to both shape and execute programs that touch the lives of more than one billion Johnson & Johnson customers daily.
We foster an inclusive environment where each of us is welcomed, valued, respected and encouraged to bring our authentic selves to work. You will join a remarkably talented and diverse group of people who support, challenge and inspire each other every day.
You are a change-making professional. Grounded in empathy and curiosity, you are a purpose-led and humancentered leader who is deeply committed to understanding people’s needs and translating those insights into innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of collaboration not only with team members, but also with crossfunctional business teams to develop transformative brand experiences and understands how the experiences will work across multiple touchpoints.
A problem solver at heart, you look to simplify complexity by creating solutions through an iterative process. You believe that your work can make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. That ideas spark positive change. That small details yield important insights. And that teamwork is the best way forward.
- You will be responsible for leading a portfolio of projects in a specific business line (pharma/med device/consumer), ensuring they are delivered on time and to quality expectations
- You will partner closely with internal solutions and creative leaders to ensure projects are set-up for success and running as expected
- You will be responsible for coordinating scheduling and communication across all levels of the project team
- You will be responsible for guaranteeing that the project plan is accurately maintained in the project management system and that timelines and resources on the project match what is needed to successfully deliver
- You are responsible for providing project status to the team, including meeting minutes and updates, performance-to-program plan, project risks and other critical details and data as warranted
- You will drive the projects toward successful delivery by keeping the team on track and highly motivated
- You will lead project planning, team coordination and dashboard updates, scheduling design reviews and communication with any external partners
- You will bridge design and business disciplines, evaluating and gauging appropriate risks and future opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years of overall project management experience
- Must have design firm, agency or consultancy experience
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects, ranging from complex, cross-functional to single team/deliverable
- Previous experience working in a creative / design environment highly preferred
- Project management training, excellent planning and project management skills desirable
- Strong experience using project management tools
- Excellent written and presentation skills, especially to Senior Leadership
- Strong analytical aptitude with creative abilities, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to facilitate the generation of detailed and accurate, risk-adjusted project plans and proactively lead the team to flawlessly execute against it
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.