- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
We are partnering with the J&J Innovation team to leverage the power of design and design thinking to drive sustainable growth and value. This new partnership for design will allow us to co-create new products, services, business models, and uncover “where to play” to enable innovation across the business.
You are both empathic and focused – with an analytical ability to take a complicated problem and transform it into an opportunity for creative solutions and new business models. As a member of the IXS team, you will work on projects at the forefront of creating new, care-centered experiences across all of J&J’s business sectors.
You possess a real passion for strategy, lean innovation and proof of concept consumer research methods in healthcare and wellbeing. You are comfortable with ambiguity, leading teams in synthesis activities and conceptualizing future states.
As a collaborator, you have the ability to engage with a wide range of partners successfully. As a strategic talent, you can synthesize disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, strategies and designs that answer key business questions.
You are a self-starter and a confident leader who can represent JJD on a cross-functional team, guiding it to deliver intelligent, thoughtful, people-centered solutions.
- You will scope, plan and conduct primary, secondary and analogous research
- You will lead teams in strategy and synthesis: that is, building insights, reframing problems, and generating and iterating on new solutions or new business models
- You will explore and analyze market trends, consumer behaviors and category futures, identifying industry ‘next practices’
- Your work with teams might include developing metrics for new solutions
- You will prepare and co-facilitate workshops for large multi-disciplinary groups and projects
- You will tell persuasive stories, using whatever media/tools appropriate to communicate insights, frameworks, ecosystem-level solutions, new business models and their implications
- You will create project deliverables: pitch decks with business cases, project briefs, insights presentations, prototypes and other appropriate materials
- You will bridge design and business disciplines, evaluating and gauging appropriate risks and future opportunities.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Innovation or related field; a graduate degree is preferred
- 4 - 7 years of design leadership-related experience is required, in any of the following:
- Strategy consulting
- Venture strategy or corporate development
- Startups or Big Tech
- Digital Strategy (web, mobile, wearables, data)
- Deep subject matter expertise in design, new ventures, product development and health is recommended
- Ability to inspire, persuade, grow, and lead project teams
- Strong facilitation skills are required to engage a variety of stakeholders in the design process
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity successfully, e.g., work experience with complex projects where you are able to show your role and impact
- Systems approach to design and value creation, with exhibited ability to identify relevant assumptions and to model value, potential ROI, etc.
- Strong candidates will demonstrate excellence in any one (or combination) of the following skills:
- Synthesis / Workshop design / Facilitation
- Business modeling / business strategy
- New venture experience, including MVP launches
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
o Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
o Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
o Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran
status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.