- Landover, Maryland
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
The Manager of Merchandise
The Manager of Merchandise is an on-site position responsible for the strategic direction of all marketing, merchandising and brand/line extension, as well as the oversight of management on all operational execution of day-to-day activities. In this role, they are responsible for the long-term planning and development through growth and profit management, as well as the short-term success through effective management of sales, promotions, inventory turns and budget projections. In detail, they are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Liaison with COO and Guest Experience team on overall merchandise direction, line development, and marketing of merchandise products.
- Evaluate all retail new business ventures and determine their feasibility and profitability to the overall retail company
- Strategically seek out new mobile and/or non-traditional events aimed at increasing overall retail revenue
- Work with sponsorship to identify partnership opportunities that can extend the retail presence and business footprint while maximizing sponsor perceived value Brand Marketing Management
- Development of brand level marketing programs to promote merchandise within the community and nationally
- Drives the annual brand message through the coordination of internet, print, TV and radio media for the brand
- Review initial lineup with vendors to confirm direction on apparel and novelties
- Oversee the creation of the monthly financial commentary and budget figures and work with accounting to finalize numbers
- Coordinate with appropriate contacts to set direction for the overall look and feel of the site, plus oversight of any systematic and/or programming changes intended to upgrade site effectiveness
- Creates all flash reports at the management level for monthly meetings
- Review customer feedback and develop plans to adapt to data
- With leadership oversight, develop local merchandise collaboration lines and campaigns
- Develop strategy for segmented in-stadium retail spaces including premium and suites.
Our client offers annual bonus potential of 5-10%, and opportunity to grow within the organization. Additionally, relocation assistance is available.