- Cupertino, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$98/hr, DOE
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Our client seeks a Design Engineer to work with the team responsible for developing next generation visual effects for social video applications. We create and develop the tools - filters, stickers, titles and AR effects etc - that empower video creators. You will work with designers and engineers, coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure that the final result is visually striking and exceeds Client's high standards.
This is a role for a problem solver who wants to influence how the software looks, as well as how it works.
You can inspire creators and clearly articulate your vision.
You follow technical discussions and have an understanding of the engineering behind software development.
You can quickly learn new technology and processes and excel at building strong cross-functional relationships (operational, technical and creative) in a fast paced organization.
This is far from your traditional position. You will be a liaison between design and engineering. You will translate designs into technical products for our video applications.
You will support the addition of new content into our apps, as well as update existing content. You’ll fix bugs, as well as test out new and rough internal tools and processes.
You’ll be exploring new and existing technology looking for creative ways to augment applications or come up with completely new ideas. You, in collaboration with other
members of the team, will design, implement and iterate on new prototypes. We are looking for people who can not only dream up cool new ideas, but build interactive prototypes of those ideas.
You aren’t afraid of production work. We are a small team, and as such we wear a lot of hats. You obsess over small details, and make sure every pixel is in its place.
You have experience with all file format types, image and video compression techniques, sizing graphics appropriately for screen versus print, and have an eye for color correction. Video production experience, animation, 3D Modeling and other motion based experience is a huge plus.
You are able to communicate in a clear concise manner (whether it be email, voicemail or face-to-face).
You are easy-going, able to multi-task, can deal with tedious tasks and with multiple rounds edits. You are level-headed and keep your cool when deadlines or other pressures develop. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to keep many different projects and priorities organized and moving in the right direction. You can change directions easily and comfortably, even if that means starting over, or doing something completely different.
The files created need to follow user interaction guidelines; you focus on the end-user experience. You take pride in all the work you create (from features in an app to a spreadsheet used internally).
You document how things are done.
This is a role that requires collaboration across multiple design, engineering, business, and production teams. This person will be responsible for implementing content in
various formats for several video applications.
A deep understanding of client's Apps is very important. You may be asked to work on something that can’t be done with current technology, so the ability to articulate what
tools will be necessary to implement, produce and ship a product is vital.
We often provide tech support for others on our team. We have to optimize content for memory and performance gains.
• Proven ability to implement and produce high-quality motion graphic based, interactive deliverables either for web or in software development
• Proficient in Digital, Social, and media formats and/or creation of in app content and top of class design benchmarks
• A minimum of 8 years significant experience
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience in a quick moving and cross-functional environment
• Collaborative and team oriented approach
• Experience in interactive / digital technologies
• Experience in consumer video app development, web / realtime technologies a plus
• Experience managing a high volume of creative asset types in parallel
You should have the ability to become an expert at any tool we may need to complete a task. Often these tools don’t exist, so you’ll draw on your experience and instinct to help define the tools based on the needs of the project. Expert with Mac OS, Adobe Photoshop, iWork Suite (Keynote, Pages and Numbers). Sketch, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, Cinema 4D, Maya, Compositing, 3D Modeling, Rigging, and knowledge of iBooks Author. Experience in software, web and/or game development is a must. You should be experienced with Xcode, terminal, SVN/GIT, doing local builds, writing bugs, etc. Scripting for automation experience is a desirable skill to have.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 8+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for
experience with publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
• Clear and concise communication and organization skills
• Passion for the Client's brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)