- Washington DC (Hybrid)
- Job Terms:
- $55-60/hourly, paid as W2 employee
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mark Gatza
Paid Social Media - Marketing Manager
Location: Client based in Washington DC. Eventually on site 2-3x a week.
Pay: $55-60/ hourly as W2. Full benefits offered.
Duration: 24+ months, likely extension and/or conversion to FT
This is a great long term role joining an established organization and brand, one that's expanding their Paid Social Marketing team.
This is a new role for the team, focused on strategy and execution of paid social media campaigns.
Key traits needed:
The role will require a candidate with experience working with large national brands. In this role the candidate will manage larger budgets and this candidate will need to draw on prior experience managing national, complex paid social campaigns.
The client has a large paid social program and this long term hire will help to bolster their resources to serve their clients in this area.
Ideally this is someone with 2-5 years direct experience with paid social, a candidate very comfortable taking direction from Senior Marketing Managers and also experienced and savvy enough to manage internal stakeholder relationships independently.
Since this is a long term hire for this team, the personality fit will be as important as the proper skill set.
The role is primarily strategic and focused on execution. This person will not be responsible for developing their own content but will be working with team members that do.
Key skills needed include:
Identify the target audience / determine buying objectives / focus on content and creative and that drives traffic / optimize the content / report / analysis
The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing paid social media strategies that meet brand objectives and deliver measurable results. This includes partnering with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop paid social media campaigns that meet the needs and interests of our communities. This function is critical to ensuring that social media initiatives drive growth in key metrics and foster meaningful engagement with our communities.
• Develop and execute paid social media campaigns and initiatives on behalf of social media team
• Experience managing large national brands, comfortable managing the reputation of those brands and the risks those brands may encounter.
• Manage paid media efforts with external partners (e.g. agencies, social platforms, etc.) for specific programs day-to-day
• Test paid media strategies to create demand for membership, drive engagement and create better prospect/member experiences
• Manage day-to-day relationships with select internal business unit(s) and external partners.
• Drive growth in key metrics, analyze content performance and provide strategic guidance to better engage communities using paid media.
More needs for this candidate:
oversee demand generation campaigns / virtual events / TikTok / Pinterest / willing to learn those platforms if no existing experience there / FB ad manager
This candidate will have a few cornerstone programs to focus on and will work with an external agency that mainly handles trafficking.
This candidate will oversee multiple ongoing campaigns / helping to grow their portfolio.
This is more of a Marketing role, not a content development role.
2+ years with demonstrated experience running paid marketing campaigns, likely from an agency environment or from the client side.
• Demonstrated ability to increase engagement across multiple social platforms and meet targets/goals across key metrics
• Solid understanding of membership and brand marketing along with improving user experiences
• Ability to develop social marketing funnels inclusive of brand, content, and direct response messaging
• Ability to develop and implement test and learn approaches
• Ensure that all internal business units are optimizing their social strategy and budgets in a way that aligns with our goals
• Excellent understanding of online media planning, implementation, and optimizations
• Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to organizational objectives, providing a basis for measurement of the social activities
• Detail oriented and proficient at managing projects and able to multitask, organize, prioritize and structure workload
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
• Proficient in using standard online media research and paid media planning/reporting/integration tools and technology
• Demonstrate a strong knowledge of organizational priorities, goals, and projects
• Demonstrate excellent understanding of, and ability to work within, organizational politics, networks, and a matrix management system
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing communications/public relations or a related discipline
• 3+ years of overall experience in media buying and strategy with a focus on social media buying and optimization
• Proficiency in membership and brand marketing
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.