- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Lack
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to support the Reach UX Design Systems team, which creates meaningful and elegant experiences in the massively high-volume world of this company. You will conduct and assist in research efforts to promote best design practices across 80+ products.
- Support research activities for enterprise design system team, focusing primarily on qualitative research with ussers.
- Synthesize past research reports.
- Support ongoing UX research logistics, including developing timelines and study requirements, organizing research sessions, taking notes during study sessions.
- Plan, observe, and/or moderate usability testing sessions, concept validation, rapid iterative testing, and semi-structured interviews.
- Conduct research that addresses accessibility needs.
- Create, administer, and analyze surveys (primarily in Qualtrics)
- Assist with various user research preparation activities, including sourcing internal research participants through both self-recruitment (including writing study recruitment and email copy) and partnering with internal recruitment team.
- Assist with data organization, analysis, and synthesis, as well as with building research reports (creating highlight videos, slide decks, etc.).
- Communicate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Partner with other researchers, designers, project managers, and engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Planning studies: scoping methods, preparing test materials, recruiting participants, etc.
- Executing studies: wide variety of methods leveraging skillsets including interviews, surveys, concept evaluations, literature reviews, etc.
- Analyzing & Reporting: performing qualitative analyses, and preparing reports on insights and recommendations for xfn stakeholders.
- B.A./B.S. (Completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience with one or more of the following user research methods: semi-structured interviews, surveys, usability studies (either live or remote), concept validation, cognitive walkthroughs, surveys (creation and analysis).
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
Nice to have Skills (not required):
- M.A/M.S./Ph.D. (completed) in Human Factors, Social Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, Product Design, or other field
- Strong knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools.
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistenly named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
- Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
- Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
- Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
- Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
- Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.