- Vancouver, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Karson Gries
The Coalition is seeking an inspiring, highly motivated Level Designer with a proven track record of delivering highly engaging, high-quality levels in action games. In this position you will work with the Lead Level Designer to design and implement multiple levels from conception to the final stages of polish. You will be expected to partner with other members of the Level Design Team, the Level Art Team, programmers, and other design disciplines to help make the design vision set out by design direction a reality.
• Ideate and steward the design of multiple levels from conception to the final stages of polish.
• Use Unreal as well as proprietary tools to create and debug levels.
• Own the design and quality of your levels.
• Regularly collaborate with other level designers, technical designers, and artists.
• Become a contact point for other departments (Cinematics, VFX, Sound, Programmers, etc.)
• Use the Unreal tools to implement memorable challenges, combat, objectives, and scripted events.
• Participate in critique sessions to provide input to personal and peers’ work.
• Regularly present your work to your leads and adjust quickly to Feedback.
• Create and maintain design documentation.
• 3+ years of experience having shipped at least one Action-Shooter or Action-Adventure console titles.
• 3+ years of experience working on visual game editors, ideally Unreal Engine.
• Experienced with the level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
• Strong knowledge and experience using gameplay systems in levels.
• Experience working collaboratively in a cross-discipline development environment.
• Experience with current scripting languages and level editors.
• Experience with game consoles and tools.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Awareness of accessibility and inclusivity with respect to both video games and workspace environments
• Comfortable working with and communicating with other disciplines and teams
• Strong desire to improve workflows and pipelines
• A positive, collaborative team-centric mentality