- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
The ideal candidate has 5+ years experience in working with Design and Engineering teams to create functional specs for product architecture. They can see around corners to predict Design users’ needs before they materialize, as well as anticipating the fractal effect of seemingly small product planning choices on the publishing process and resources across international localization and device form factors.
The Technical Design Producer will take in feature and product concepts from Human Interface and Content Design Leads for approaching launches and media experiences, deconstruct the asks down into functional requirements and statements of intent for the content designer/producer creative and publishing processes, thereby ensuring aesthetic accuracy for the end Client customer experience. They also are able to collaborate to find solutions in matters of Engineering scope, can ruthlessly prioritize, and can make independent decisions yet, know when to press pause and doublecheck on granular intent.
When it comes to existing products, it is also equally important to understand user pain points across producer and designer teams to bring critical empathy and UX improvements to the tools to increase efficiency, quality, and work/life balance. Product & Design believes that you cannot capably ship features with international scale on a rapidly increasing cadence without the world’s best tools - and in an endeavor to adhere to these standards, the Technical Design Producer will work across Design and closely with our Media Technology group to ensure that artwork, video and new media constructs function as expected. This individual is embedded and a key contributor into Product & Design workflows and can help to guide process efficiencies, provide additional training, troubleshooting, and advocacy for technical solutions on an as needed and ongoing basis. The Technical Design Producer will gather pain points and work to create Engineering proposals with Design to iterate and improve the Product & Design Tools experience in supporting and shipping product in the demanding world of Editorial Media at Client Services.
• 5+ Years working with Design, Engineering, Technology and Production Teams with a deep understanding of the creative technology tools and workflows and an informed point of view on opportunities for efficiency at scale.
• Demonstrates experience drafting and evangelizing technical documentation including Business Requirements, Program Plans, Functional Requirements, Workflows, and prioritized Roadmaps. Experience collecting, defining, and evangelizing design requirements and priorities across many projects.
• Strong technical knowledge and ability to act as an advisor on best practices for process and design, tooling, or production needs.
• Proactive problem solving abilities and ability to manage challenging priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to clearly articulate non-technical needs to technical audiences (and vice versa).
• Ability to understand and support the design creation process to allow Design teams to continue focusing on creative output without being encumbered by sheer volume of localization and device permutations.
• Experience working with external vendors on clear scopes of work.
• Ability to investigate issues and clearly articulate Design’s point of view.
• Presentation skills are a must to ensure understanding of complicated problems at Executive review level.
• Discretion in handling confidential materials.
• Create, own, and maintain documentation that captures Product & Design needs, and the level of priority and impact for each.
• Present to Executives and/or large cross-functional groups on proposed solutions and impact.
• Work closely with Engineering & Operations Teams, Designers, and Design Producers in a seamless manner.
• Coordinate with Engineering Program Manager to execute on identifying use cases, critical and early testing throughout a project, and final User Acceptance Testing (UAT) prior to launch.
• Articulation of impact for issues that affect Design production.
• Contribute to trainings for new and existing workflows and tools.
• Ongoing collection and documentation of workflows and painpoints that affect design and production teams.
• Embedding within the day to day of design and production teams, while maintaining the ability to level up and ensure we’re solving the larger business challenges.
If you have an insatiable desire to help create the best media experiences and empower the endless potential of Client's groundbreaking creative teams, we look forward to meeting you.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)