- Santa Monica, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Heidi Glynn
● Defines the vision, tenets, principles, and high-level priorities for large, sophisticated marketing data product workstreams (e.g. subscriber data strategy). In many cases drives requirements across other product manager domains.
● Manage, build, strengthen, and grow the data product team. Offer organizational design thinking to best structure the team and equip them for success in their goals
● Establish strong relationships in engineering, product, and business teams across Hulu while combining the voice and needs of the users and requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans
● Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures that are specific to data products – like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility/usability via tools, data grain, and frequency – generally, reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
● Ensure products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, actively bring the product back to the business model and strategy
● Be able to clearly articulate vision, important metrics, opportunities and challenges, and show how their team’s work prioritization aligns with those goals and that of the broader data team
● Partner with analysts, data science, data engineering, UX, and program management teams to build requirements, develop, test, and deliver high-quality products and features that meet end-users’ and internal business’ needs
● Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end-user education, rollout, iteration, and support
● Be responsible for the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization!
● Minimum of 8+ years in product management and 5+years of managing and developing a team.
● Knowledge and experience with subscriber lifecycle and measurement is critical.
● Developing leadership skills and ability to build and develop successful product teams
● Successful track record of building full-scale data solutions
● Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
● Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
● Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques and familiarity with common data science models and approaches to problem-solving. Generally: the ability to plan for what analysts and data scientists need to deliver.
● Experience demonstrating leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and a standout colleague. C-Suite/Board communication skills.
● Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics, or equivalent.
● Advance CS degree or MBA is a plus
● Shown experience in video streaming and OTT
● Experience with ThoughtSpot, Tableau or other visualization tools
● Experience with large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, and Elastic Search / Solr
● Experience or knowledge of basic programming, machine learning, and DB’s technologies (SQL, Python, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase, Oracle, MySQL)
● Management or Strategy consulting background
● BA/BS or equivalent work experience
This legendary company has entertained, informed and inspired people around the globe for over 90 years. Named one of Forbes top companies to work for year over year, this is where dreams really do come true.
Whether you’re looking to create, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes on your favorite TV shows or upcoming movies, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create the exhilarating experiences this company is known for worldwide.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.