- Job Terms:
- Competitive with Benefits!
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shymala Hoffman
Design Assistant needed for a Fortune 500 Sports and Apparel Company in their NBA Apparel Department.
- Organization - Collect, organize, prepare, and assemble designer sketches and artwork (graphics, all over prints, logos, photographs) for use in documents and presentations.
- Scan and colorblock design sketches. Scan, edit, and crop photo art.
- Assist designers in creating additional colorways of garments.
- Maintain correct sketches for use in line art database.
- Page Layout - Create documents to support the commercialization of apparel: visual line plan, category concept sheets, silhouette line art pages, flow plans, and merchandising pages. Combine illustrations, text, product data, photos, and graphics as needed.
- Work with category team to define and produce product image collections in both printed and electronic formats.
- Meet deadlines for creation and distribution of documents to matrix partners.
- Understand and follow brand's global standards for document structure and layout.
- Assembly - Perform paste-up and trimming on large format documents for business meetings.
- Duplicate and distribute documents to category and regional partners for use in the apparel commercialization process.
- Project Management - communicate with product line managers, designers, graphic designers, developers, and others about the status of product and product images.
- Review product status, project status, and production deadlines with category and geography business partners.
Minimum of 2 years experience with graphic design, illustration, and page layout software in a team or production environment.
Excellent organizational and people skills.
Working knowledge of at least 4 of the following applications: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or PageMaker; Quark Xpress; and/or Macromedia Freehand.
- This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.