- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tina Tozzi
Salary/Pay Rate: $45.00/hourly, paid as W2 employee
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: 24 months+ and likely extension
Location: Client based in Washington DC. Eventually on site 2-3x a week.
Pay: $45 per hour/ hourly as W2. Full benefits offered.
Duration: 24+ months, likely extension and/or conversion to FT
• This writer/producing is responsible for creating content -- writing, producing and editing -- for our client, focusing on state-specific content for our 53 state and territory websites, often with tight deadlines. A writer with Exploratory or Service Journalism is what the client would like to see.
• Plans, reports, writes and produces explanatory service journalism on a range of subjects of interest to the the Clients' demographic, including voting, Covid-19 vaccines, taxes, signing up for American Care Act healthcare and more.
• Collaborates with teams across the client, including state offices, government affairs, research, digital strategy and membership, communications and others, ensuring content is coordinated and aligned with Clients' priorities and messaging.
• Collaborates with other content teams across the organization, including Video, Social, and Print Publications, and Producers, to make high-impact content.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of a wide variety of subjects important to member demographic and applies knowledge to contribute appropriate, effective, and meaningful content.
• Keeps knowledgeable of changing best practices for digital content, including of competitive web content producers and the way they develop content.
• Performs other editorial duties as needed.
• Demonstrates Clients' mission, purpose and value in all interactions.
• Strong reporting skills, with an ironclad commitment to accuracy.
• Strong writing skills, with a proven ability to translate dense subject matter into clear, compelling prose for readers, under deadline pressure.
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for highly-formatted explanatory service journalism. This is not narrative journalism, for the most part.
• Digital production experience; this writer produces and publishes content, in addition to writing.
• A diplomatic professional who can effective liaise with Clients' state offices, producers, other writers and editors, etc.
• A flexible team player who can shift gears as news and changing priorities require.
• Ability to occasionally pick up edits.
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.