- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Lack
This Qualitative User Experience Research position will play a critical role in helping the team democratize economic opportunity for content creators, which is one of the biggest focus areas for this company. This role will be responsible for helping the team improve existing monetization experiences and identify new monetization opportunities for content creators through product experiences such as ads revenue-sharing and bonus programs.
A successful User Experience Researcher at this company must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. They must have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices. As a researcher on the team they should be passionate about understanding creator, user, and advertiser needs. You will need to influence teams through your research to create world-class monetization products that provide economic opportunities for creators, provide valuable ways for users to discover new products and services, and drive business outcomes for advertisers.
- Design and execute custom research to identify user, creator, and advertiser perceptions of ads within creator content.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies such as usability sessions, concept testing, in-depth interviews, and diary studies for existing and future products.
- Ability to clearly synthesize and triangulate across previous research to build informative literature reviews.
- Advocate for the needs of our users across all levels of the organization.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops, and other creative approaches.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, content designers, product managers, data scientists, product marketing managers, and engineers across several teams throughout the company.
- Ability to meet team needs by working on multiple concurrent projects and delivering high quality insights in a fast-paced work environment.
- Occasional need to screen and recruit participants for your own studies as well as other researchers’ studies.
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Business, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in a product/user research setting.
- Demonstrates strong research skills, including: research design, study management, screening/recruiting, qualitative methodologies and analysis (usability sessions, concept testing, in-depth interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry, etc.)
- Familiarity in using online research tools ( e.g. UserTesting, UserZoom, Lookback, dscout, Optimal Workshop) and prototyping and design tools (e.g. Figma and Origami).
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports.
- Ability to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous problem spaces.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to pivot between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Business, Social Science, or a related field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a product/user research setting.
- Experience in turning insights into large strategic product initiatives that can tough multiple product areas or teams.
- Experience conducting research, analyses, or marketing within the social media, ads, or creator space is a plus.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
• Be part of their mission of community building
• Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
• Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
• Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.