- Washington D.C., DC
- Job Terms:
- $27/hourly+ Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
Seeking a Senior Executive Support Professional who has deep experience supporting high-level executives. Someone who can keep cool under pressure. Must be able to interact with the most senior levels of management. The Senior Executive Support Professional is a highly respected key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that strives to create breakthrough, award-winning marketing campaigns and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business.
This position will report to the Vice President of Creative Marketing and supports two Vice Presidents in the Creative team.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. The team develops and execute premium promotion for shows, specials and documentary films on our channels and on. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, loads of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executives you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of the company and of related departments across the enterprise. As the “face” of your executives within the company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
• Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels;
• Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job;
• Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting;
• Create a follow-up folder to assist your leader’s task management;
• Understand the day’s priorities so that you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls;
• Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats;
• Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles;
• Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that the company is a publicly traded company and your leaders handle very sensitive matters on a regular basis;
• Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders;
• Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization;
• Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts;
• Plan large events like off-sites and team-building activities; and
• Exemplify the professionalism, creative enthusiasm, and ethical judgment necessary to be a member of the Branded Television Marketing Department.
• At least 5 years supporting a Vice President, senior executive, and/or equivalent experience;
• Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
• Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of your executive’s business;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
• Experience with terminology and functions necessary for a marketing department;
• Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur and working in a Windows and/or Mac environment;
• A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
• “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you;
• Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
• Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
• Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed and we are often working with partners in other time zones;
• Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail; and
• A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
• Experience working in a large public corporation.
• Good knowledge of creative marketing and/or television industry
• Bachelor's degree OR 8+yrs experience
• Bachelor's degree
This person will need to have a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience or in lieu of a degree 8+ years of experience supporting VP/senior executive level will be required. They are seeking a candidate with great communication skills who can multitask and prioritize deadlines/deliverables. This person must be highly professional and have the ability to work well under pressure. Someone who can collaborate with others and handle situations with a polished approach.
This person must be comfortable working on a MAC with a strong proficiency with MS Office, SAP, Confluence and Concur.
This legendary company has entertained, informed and inspired people around the globe for over 90 years. Named one of Forbes top companies to work for year over year, this is where dreams really do come true.
Whether you’re looking to create, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes on your favorite TV shows or upcoming movies, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create the exhilarating experiences this company is known for worldwide.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.