- Mettawa, Ill
- Job Terms:
- $60 hr + subsidized benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
Senior UI+UX Visual Designer
This role is a 2 year contract and does require partial on-site in Mettawa, Ill.
As a self-motivated senior UI+UX visual designer, who requires minimum supervision, you'll be responsible for all design decisions and the creative iteration of user-centric, omnichannel marketing materials at a biopharmaceutical company with 30+ leading brands and 48,000+ employees.
You’ll collaborate face-to-face—and virtually, when necessary—with a cross-functional team that follows an Agile methodology. The team involves marketing, customer experience (CX), data analysis, IT, front-/back-end developing, medical review, writing, editing, design and creative management, as well as external digital creative agencies and vendors.
You’ll love working in the modern, eco-friendly building with bright, open interior spaces. Time for a break? Grab a coffee or snack in the on-site Starbucks, enjoy a full meal in the tricked-out cafeteria (sushi Wednesdays and make-your-own-omelet Thursdays!), work up a sweat in the spacious gym, or take a stroll along the nature path on campus. And you’ll find it all in Mettawa, with a free shuttle to and from Metra + convenient access to I94.
· Create and present new design concepts and UI functionality using wireframes and prototypes, using applications such as XD, Figma, and Sketch or other similar tools. This includes projects such as email layouts, social media ads, web banner ads, websites, and apps.
· Update and optimize existing creative materials using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. This includes production tasks such as updating layouts in InDesign, editing infographics in Illustrator, and retouching, compositing, and optimizing artwork in Photoshop.
· Ideate, prototype, and test designs early on with CX and IT leads to ensure your creative solutions are operable, executable, and aligned with the strategy.
· Understand the design ecosystem of an assigned brand and execute materials that are aligned with brand standards.
· Advocate for user-centric design and accessibility (WCAG) principles and articulate your concerns rationally.
· Attend daily status meetings and working sessions with marketing leads and other stakeholders and be able to articulate the objective and strategy for each project.
· Collaborate with writers to help visualize content and ensure that design and copy work together.
- Incorporate stakeholder feedback quickly and use market analysis, patient feedback, data analytics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to best meet our patients’ needs.
- Set priorities with team leads to meet critical deadlines and comply with applicable client policies and procedures.
- Education + experience: 3-5 years of experience in UI/UX design for various digital platforms.
- Technical skills: Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and at least one prototyping application such as XD, Figma, or Sketch; ability to develop high/low fidelity wireframes and prototypes; awareness of trends in graphic design and digital technologies.
- Soft skills: A high degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; the ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course; the ability to present to large teams and articulate design decisions clearly.
- Portfolio: Provide UI design examples that reflect a strong understanding of visual design and UX design.
Nice to Have
- Experience creating websites in Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience creating emails in Knak and SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience creating ads in Google Web Developer.
- Experience creating and managing design systems.
- Pharmaceutical experience: working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working on an Agile team that follows a Scrum framework.
Don't worry, you’re not expected to know it all to apply for this position!
Fun Fact: Our client has made the DiversityInc Top 50 list, and has won numerous awards, including “World’s Best Workplaces” five years running, “Most Meaningful Company to Work for in America,” and “Best Places to Work for Recent Grads.”