- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Teddy Stackman
Our UX Research team is designing for the global diversity of human needs, which requires us to deeply understand the behaviors of the people behind them. UX researchers tackle some of the most complex challenges to gain deeper insights into how people interact with each other and the world around them, and work collaboratively to contribute new ideas to products that impact the experiences of billions of people on a global scale.
We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds — geographically, culturally, educationally, philosophically. We come from industry and academia, with roots in anthropology, design research, economics, HCI, human factors, market research, political science, sociology, social computing, and social psychology, among others.
On this team, we are inventing the future. We are a team of Engineers, Designers, and Researchers creating human-computer interaction products. As a Qualitative UX Researcher on the team, you will plan, execute, and evangelize user-focused research that contributes to the strategy, product definition, and design of AR/VR technologies and intelligent assistant voice-interfaces.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, open-minded about learning new skills and methods, and focused on impacting the products and business.
• Collaborate closely with researchers, designers, PMs & engineers to identify, define and deliver meaningful products into the world
• Collaboratively and independently develop and execute research roadmaps
• Lead various research studies throughout all the phases of the product development cycle
• Contribute to product strategy, execution and go-to-market plan
• Manage research vendors to help augment the work of the research team
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Experience with data and utilizing numbers to define and support hypotheses
• Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audience
• Experience with autonomy and decision making to balance demands
• BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
• Be part of their mission of community building
• Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
• Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
• Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.