- Silicon Valley, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
The Ad Platforms design team is responsible for the user experience of its tools by designing intuitive, learnable, and consistent interfaces. We work to specify how user input and interaction mechanisms work and push to innovate those concepts across our products.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Writer who is passionate about user experience design and wants to help shape the development of advertising interfaces for App Store and News. You’ll be writing for new provider- and consumer-facing tools, as well as maintaining existing user interface copy. You’ll primarily work alongside designers, collaborating on deliverables and process to create amazing user experiences. You’ll also team with engineers, marketers, and others to ensure a successful product for both our customers and our business.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
• Have 5+ years experience and familiarity writing for advertising and/or monetization platforms.
• Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
• Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
• Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
• Know how to work with and create wireframes and functional specs.
• Are interested in proposing what’s right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
• Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
• Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
• Think long-term, but act quickly.
• Are comfortable managing and prioritizing several projects simultaneously.
• Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
• Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
• Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
• Enjoy contributing to and implementing style guides and shared patterns.
• Know and are excited about evolving the Apple ecosystem of hardware, software, and services.
• Work closely with the Design team to solve UI challenges in response to product requirements.
• Collaborate with Product teams, responding to their feedback, contributing ideas and collaborating to improve the performance of our content.
• Own and maintain the copy deck and process for reviews and handoff.
• Contribute to a design system, providing logic and rules for a variety of use cases.
• Attend design reviews and product meetings to represent and defend the words and tone we look to implement.
• Participate in QA as it pertains to copy and file bugs as necessary.
• Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferrd.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)