- Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mindy Totaro
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, and well-rounded senior business writer to support content for our client's brand. The Brand Content Editorial Lead will manage content creation and editorial planning. In this invaluable role, you’ll bring a high bar for editorial quality, the ability to simplify complex topics through writing and editing, and proven expertise in putting a content plan into action – across production, optimization, and amplification. If you’re the right candidate, then storytelling, clear communication, and organizational skills are in your DNA. You think audience-first, and have a passion for editorial content. Your colleagues would describe you as resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, and open to acting on constructive feedback. You probably have your company’s style guide memorized – and you have a sixth sense for when a piece of content isn’t striking the right tone. This strategic role works cross-functionally to align key collaborators on cross-channel content that resonates with today’s business executives and their direct reports. This team member won’t plan, write, and edit in a silo. Instead, they’ll forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create strategic content that suits the audience’s needs. The Brand
Content Editorial Lead will also track content growth along the way and craft strong executive-facing slide decks to support and explain that growth.
- Write, edit, and curate original content for business decision makers
- Leverage content of all kinds – including digital guides, reports, and SEO articles, blog posts, brand journalism, and multimedia series – to meet content marketing goals and objectives
- Uphold our brand voice and tone in every piece of content, including long-form guides & reports.
- Pitch new story ideas and content formats
- Collaborate with product marketing, creative, campaigns, social media, customer marketing, and program management as key stakeholders
- Together with key stakeholders, prioritize topics within the editorial calendar, ensure consistent quality, and optimize delivery across channels
- Maintain clear, organized communication to stakeholders, even as team goals and priorities shift
- Interview our customers and incorporate their voices into content to tell their unique, inspiring stories
- Measure success and test new ways of doing things
- Contribute to other Brand Content Strategy team initiatives – including executive presentations, analytics reports, and materials – when needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or business writing/editing
- Tech industry knowledge preferred. You’re plugged into what’s trending at the intersection of business and technology.
- Past experience as a writer or editor following a style guide. Only the best content passes your sniff test, and you take pride in your first draft
- Track record of digesting complicated, jargon-filled, industry-specific materials and translating them into widely appealing copy.
- Ability to ask the right questions and source the right interviews and anecdotes to make these concepts digestible to a general population audience.
- Excessively organized. Your calendar is your best friend, and while leading meetings with stakeholders, you make sure their time is well spent.
- Proven ability to work well externally: with customers, with channel partners, and with agencies.
- Experience with digital transformation, a plus.
Our client believes that business is the greatest platform for change — and that together, we can improve the state of the world. With the world’s #1 customer relationship management (CRM) platform, your work will help businesses and communities achieve their most ambitious business plans, solve their biggest challenges, and harness their successes to leave our planet a little better than we found it.
This company hasn’t just earned a reputation as a strong business — it’s also consistently been recognized as an incredible place to work. Are you ready to build a rewarding career and a better future for all?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.