- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose.
This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are focused and enthusiastic – with the analytical understanding that by taking a complicated problem you are able to transform it into a creative force.
Possessing a real passion for interaction design, you have a talent for evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly.
You will contribute to the teams that conduct user research, strategy, information architecture and interaction design to create responsive web experiences that engage people.
You will create elegant solutions that answer business requirement and the emotional desires of both customers and patients.
You are a self-starter and an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You are responsible for the effective design and specification of user flows, prototypes, high-fidelity user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques
- You are very comfortable with evolving interaction design leveraging user research
- You will create and oversee the UX and UI design of responsive website enhancements and new functionality
- Your experience and expertise as an UX/UI designer lends itself to a leadership role with oversight of three designers
- You are comfortable with rapid prototyping to speed concept development and design decisions
- You understand user needs and business goals to conceptualize and design digital experiences via sketches, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- You naturally collaborate with external strategic partners and partner with other designers, project managers, business and content strategists and software developers to help create cohesive experiences
- You are an advocate of design systems and designing for reuse
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or a related field is required; Master’s is preferred
- 7 - 9 years of UX for digital products, including responsive web design and user feedback best practices
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to mobile first responsive web design and collaboration with agile development teams is required
- Extensive experience working within and designing for digital design systems and brand guidelines
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD and Sketch with a willingness to explore new tools is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet tools, including Web browsers, project management systems, as well as proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Delivers excellent design to multiple projects or programs; achieves team targets and individual goals through successful executions of defined objectives
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.