- Cupertino, CA OR Culver City, CA OR NYC
- Job Terms:
- up to ~$87.50/hr, DOE & location
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennie Brandon
Our Client's global Marketing Communications group oversees all of the client's services group marketing/messaging to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class strategic marketing efforts. This particular role is for a Business Affairs Associate to drive the planning, curation, and licensing of rights-managed content in client's Podcasts and Maps/Guides. In this role, you will be working across functions, to maintain excellent internal and external relationships, and secure relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement.
• Curate rights-managed third-party assets for a given area of expertise that are culturally relevant, critically well-received, and visually consistent with client's creative standards. These assets include magazine and news publishing content.
• Work with third-party entities, including but not limited to, multi-national copyright owners to secure consent and clear rights when featuring their assets.
• Facilitate communication internally, ensuring effective information flow regarding all aspects of your work.
• Liaise with internal Marketing Communications creative and business teams and with Business Affairs to understand project deliverables in order to apprise the wider BA team of the necessary rights-managed third-party content needs, usage, and creative requirements.
• Attend project kickoffs, creative reviews and planning meetings, connecting Business Affairs with internal key partners
• Assess, manage, and communicate risks, and advise team leads concerning risk, exposure, and strategic options.
• Provide guidance to the team through problem solving and pragmatic judgment.
• You have at least 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing, specifically around rights management pertaining to cover content and interior articles, on a business affairs or marketing team at a creative agency (working with photography), entertainment, or relevant content-driving industry.
• You have experience negotiating rights, analyzing risk, and developing processes regarding asset trafficking, business affairs contracts and permissions.
• You have familiarity with publishing houses and/or know the structure of their organization to enable swift workflow around necessary clearances.
• You care about current cultural trends as they relate to rights-management content.
• You know how to build real, positive relationships with creative people who span many fields, including editorial publishing, marketing, advertising, video, interactive, print, and retail.
• You are able to work across different geographic territories where product is available to execute strategic localized campaigns based off U.S. deliverables.
• You have the ability to exercise sound strategic, and business judgment in challenging situations, having strong interpersonal skills and a calm approach to others.
• You serve as the connector for all incoming and outgoing Business Affairs communications with Producers, Creatives and other pertinent stakeholders.
• You have an understanding of the following core areas: concise and clear verbal and written communication, attention to detail, analysis, and innovative problem solving.
• You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects.
• You have knowledge and understanding of client's products and services, specifically Podcasts and Maps/Guides.
• You are curious, ask questions, and dig deep to find solutions. You dream of working in a collaborative, creative, and challenging environment.
• You thrive in new environments and react quickly to new information, opinion, and direction, strategically pivoting when necessary.
Education Bachelor’s degree is required.
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)