- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are both empathic and focused – with an analytical ability to take a complicated problem and transform it into an opportunity for creative solutions. As a member of the IXS team, you will work on projects at the forefront of creating new, care-centered experiences across all of J&J’s business sectors.
As a collaborator, you have the ability to engage with a wide range of partners successfully. As a strategic talent, you have an ability to synthesize disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, strategies and designs that will grow our brands.
You are a self-starter and a confident leader who can represent JJD on a cross-functional team, guiding it to deliver intelligent, thoughtful, people-centered solutions.
We believe strong strategy drives compelling execution and that strong execution is inherently strategic
- You will scope, plan and conduct primary, secondary and analogous research
- You will lead teams in synthesis: that is, building insights, reframing problems, and generating and iterating on new solutions within our end-to-end Janssen patient support services portfolio
- Your work with teams might include developing metrics for new solutions
- You will prepare and co-facilitate workshops for large multi-disciplinary groups and projects
- You will tell persuasive stories and communicate critical healthcare information with a focus on plain language, using whatever media/tools appropriate to communicate insights, frameworks, ecosystem-level solutions, new business models and their implications. This work will inform the design of digital, print and face-to-face touchpoints throughout the treatment journey
- You will create project deliverables: pitch decks with business cases, project briefs, insights presentations, prototypes and other appropriate human-centered materials
- Please be an advocate to drive and execute environmentally sustainable design solutions.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in design or related field; a graduate degree is preferred
- 4 - 7 years of design leadership-related experience is required
- Ability to inspire, persuade, grow, and lead project teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity successfully, e.g., work experience with complex projects where you are able to show your design leadership, patient advocacy and measurable impact
- Systems approach to design and value creation, with exhibited ability to identify relevant assumptions and to model value, potential ROI, etc.
- Strong candidates will demonstrate excellence in any one (or combination) of the following skills:
- Novel, experimental design research / insight-gathering methodologies
- Synthesis / Workshop design / Facilitation
- Simplified writing and content strategy
- Business modeling / business strategy
- Data Visualization
- Patient experience and commercial launches preferred
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view