- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Becky Morrissey
If you are looking for a new, fun and challenging position, we have the role for you! Aquent Studios is adding an expereinced Art Director to join our team!
Who are you? Your an Art Director who not only enjoys being hands on, but wants to be the leader of the time to help mentor others and bring out their best work. You have expeirence with strategic messaging and visualizing what the client wants to communicate. You enjoy working on a range of deliverables from event production, digital to print. This is an exciting time for someone who wants to help share what new campaigns will look like!
The Art Director will develop concepts and execute visual designs per client provided creative briefs and style/branding guides. The Art Director will be a dedicated designer, trained in the Rockwell Automation brand standards and brand voice, will also function as a brand steward, performing brand reviews for deliverables across all media types.
The Art Director will collaborate closely with the Account Director to understand the Rockwell Automation marketing strategies, target audiences, and communication objectives for all visual communications, including print, web, video and multimedia.
- Maintain an excellent grasp of brand identity guidelines (visual and editorial) and insure that they are consistently followed on all projects
- Maintain co-branding and government brand requirements on appropriate projects
- Understand clients’ marketing strategies and end user objectives and requirements
- Develop and articulate well-organized concepts
- Present creative concepts to management and clients as required, articulating how design strategy will achieve specified objectives
- Follow through with quality creative execution of print advertising and communications that achieve desired marketing objectives
- Collaborate effectively with copywriters, other designers, multimedia specialists, photographers, production artists, video editors, etc
- Assess project requirements and assist account & project managers to develop accurate design estimates and project timelines
- Evaluate design projects for adherence to brand standards and provide detailed recommendations on compliance to brand and publication specifications to production artists
- Oversee consistent on-time, on-budget creative delivery
- Champion adherence to Aquent quality control processes and standards
Job Complexity (examples of typical work related challenges of the position)
Sustain a high level of competence within an ever-changing creative, technical, and business landscape. Effectively apply this knowledge when implementing design and/or directing creative resources being mindful of the production and print process. Design solutions must be consistent with Brand Identity standards, and accurately and consistently fulfill marketing objectives.
At times design briefs and initial requirements presented may be ambiguous, or timelines compressed and potentially undeliverable. The Art Director will work closely with the account manager to clarify requirements and business objectives and ensure strategic alignment of internal and external stakeholders. To be effective in this capacity, they must understand all phases of the design and production process, excellent interpersonal, communication and at times, problem-resolution skills.
The Art Director will need to bring new, fresh, creative into the brand; influence the internal clients and team to execute on concepts; and follow through with the team of designers & creators to a project’s end.
- Can translate creative brief into impactful designs—balancing thinking “out of the box” with achieving marketing goals, budgets, and timelines while maintaining brand standards
- Ability to initiate and articulate concepts across various forms of media and collateral
- Can organize disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Excellent command of formats, typography, graphics, and layout
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate ratio of clear space, content, and graphics to achieve a consistent brand look and feel
- Understands components, cycle times, and distribution requirements for integrated marketing communications campaigns with strong knowledge of press and finishing technology
- Ability to respond and perform swiftly and seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in creating print-ready files to required specifications
- Communicates easily and effectively with all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team
- Expert level of proficiency and understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs including but not limited InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency and understanding of Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of how to translate designs for Flash, Web, and video use is preferred
- Ability to effectively evaluate photography for both visual style and content
Aquent Studios is a global creative studio that delivers scale, speed and efficiency to the world’s most recognized brands. We create the work that matters the most to them—work that has a real impact on their business. As an Aquent Studio team member, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the largest and most influential companies in the world, solving design challenges and extending their brands across tactic types and platforms, including digital design, UI/UX, video, motion, content, print design, web development, and more. If you want to do work that matters in a collaborative setting that values ingenuity and personal growth, you have found the right place!
- 5-7 years experience in advertising, design, and/or marketing communications with at least 3 years designing impactful corporate ads and B2B marketing campaign materials within corporate identity guidelines.
- 2 + years providing mid level art direction
- Has excelled in a fast-paced high-pressure creative services matrix environment with demonstrated ability to keep multiple projects on track and on budget
- Experience performing creative and brand reviews
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices for production of communication deliverables
- Experience with effectively providing direction and overseeing production artist work