- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- $17 hourly + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amanda Hoffay
People engage with content, characters and stories through the great digital products that the company builds and manages. With innovative, world-class design and engineering, we create beloved and diverse digital experiences across news, sports and entertainment. From show clips and highlights, to video and audio streaming, and some of the world’s most trusted news, analysis, commentary and scores, our industry-leading portfolio of 90+ digital products reaches an average of more than 380 million users, who spend over 30 billion minutes and watch at least 3 billion videos, each month across the range of products and brands. Aquent's Client is seeking a contract Associate Video Editor to join the Studio team. This Associate Video Editor is responsible for assisting the Streaming Studio team in continuing to set a high bar for performance marketing video deliverables. Ensuring that daily content consistency and delivery are running smoothly by editing, spot checking and delivering according to detailed specs and deadlines. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines, with the capacity to work across multiple teams to help users, document processes, and represent team feedback for software and workflow improvements.
● Has 2+ years experience as a video editor working in a post-production, media publishing company or agency with an understanding of social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
● Experience with short form and utility editing such as versioning, tagging and formatting for social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
● Knowledge of aspect ratios and encodes for delivery to social media and traditional broadcast platforms.
● Ability to work with multiple split track audio and spot mix for linear broadcast and/or social media specifications.
● QCing, ingesting, and releasing assets to the Studio team.
● Exceptional video edit project organizational skills
● Is an effective team communicator
● 2+ years of experience editing in Adobe Premiere
● Experience with hi-res file transfer apps (Box, Frameio, Google Drive, WeTransfer, Aspera Connect, FTP, servers, etc.), or similar apps.
● Knowledge of video, audio, and image encoding formats and industry best practices.
● Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
● Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (and associated plugins)
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
● Problem-solving skills and good follow-through
● BONUS: Basic experience in Adobe After Effects
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
● Passionate about editing, storytelling, sound design and the organization that can streamline a post-production workflow
● Self-starter with a habit for taking initiative
BA/BFA in advertising, fine art design or relevant fiel
This legendary company has entertained, informed and inspired people around the globe for over 90 years. Named one of Forbes top companies to work for year over year, this is where dreams really do come true.
Whether you’re looking to create, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes on your favorite TV shows or upcoming movies, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create the exhilarating experiences this company is known for worldwide.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.