- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Mindy Totaro
The Product Design department is a distributed team responsible for crafting our client's video streaming services. Our work encompasses the new website, the mobile apps, and the TV experiences. Our mission is to provide a fabulous and engaging user experience for lovers of anime and manga content everywhere! As a partner to business, product, and engineering groups, we collaborate with teams across the company to identify the right problems and ensure that our solutions satisfy the goals of both the business and the end-user.
About the Role:
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for the web experience. You will work in a team of designers who collaborate with user researchers, product management, and engineers to evolve the web experience through iterative improvements and new features. Your designs should show a deep understanding of the industry, our competitors, and most importantly, empathy for our users. You will think through sophisticated problems and use your design expertise to deliver solutions that provide our users with an outstanding user experience that is both elegant and functional.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Portfolio showcasing your design work as well as your design process
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Demonstrate a user-centered approach to designing software and services
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira and Confluence
- Experience with web application technologies, including responsive web design
- Skilled in design programs like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an adept collaborator
- Effective storytelling ability and an ability to present design work
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Experience working with design systems, guidelines, and other standard methodologies
- Experience designing user interfaces for mobile apps or living room experiences
- Interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom
- Knowledge of the online video streaming space
A Day in the Life of Our Senior Product Designer:
- Constantly develop a deeper empathy for our users. In partnership with our user research team, gain and apply user insights to new concepts and in-development designs. Ensure that design decisions are rooted in a clear understanding of user needs and motivations.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and business teams to define and drive projects from concept to production, ensuring user goals are represented.
- Orchestrate the design of multiple features from concept through production. Drive the review process, both within the design department and with partner teams, to ensure an effective solution that meets the needs of the user and the business. Also, provide constructive input to the designs of other designers on your team.
- Collaborate closely with engineering to shepherd the design through implementation and launch to market.
- Participate in scrum activities, working closely with your Lead and program management to establish priority, evaluate and estimate upcoming work, and report on progress.
- Exercise effective time management so you are always working on the right task and delivering on time.