- New York
- Job Terms:
- $28-$33 p/h
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blake Grannell
We are looking for a Marketing Specialist who will be focused on developing initial market research and a go-to-market strategy for new products. These new products are ambitious initiatives to enter into payment-allied verticals, where currently not present. Thus, this role will require someone who can bring structure to the overall ambiguity and aid in nimble organizational practices within the larger organization.
• The Marketing Specialist, will be expected to contribute to commercial success of the new product as part of the larger product team including, global market product marketers, global product managers, global sales, and marketing teams.
• Help in develop product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategies for the new products
• Deliver the research of consumer insights that drive a product focused on understanding, and consistent championing, of the needs of global customers.
• Be a critical voice of the customer in the entire product lifecycle from needs identification and prioritization, through design and release iterations
• Shape internal material focused on product advocacy and establish a strong business case.
• Assist in creating plans for commercial launch and success monitoring. Work with the wider to team to implement it.
• Execute marketing outreach, communicate value of our offerings and occasionally, talk 1:1 to prospect to qualify those
As a part of the overall deliverables, the person will be expected to
• Conduct secondary and primary market research for customer insights and competition benchmarking
• Aid creation of various formats of marketing collateral – decks, one-pages, FAQs, email templates
• Support and enable sales and revenue teams to interview, qualify and onboard the prospective merchants
• Create marketing content for external thought leadership as well as PR
• Lead internal stakeholders through complex processes-from plan, feedback, approvals, and execution
• 2-4 years of experience in marketing of tech/software/payments products
• A growth mindset with focus on content
• Robust knowledge of GTM processes esp. for new products
• Understanding of the SDLC process in a payments-allied or software business
• Collaborate with peers in PMM, Product Mgmt, Sales Enablement, Analyst and Press Relations
TOP 3 MUST HAVE SKILLS:
1 Market Research
2 Content Writing
3 Sales Enablement
NICE TO HAVE:
Exposure to marketing of offerings in cross-border payment ecosystem or foreign exchange / Ability to create videos / Worked in large organization, corporate roles / Portfolio
*Research market for SME content. Lookout for customer reports, market behavior, etc.
*Positioning part – augmenting capabilities with presentations, creating email templates, FAQs.
*Execution of content, send emails, 1:1s, interviews: lead qualifications.
*FX background (foreign exchange)
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Paid Sick Leave for all US and Canada talent
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) with company match
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)