- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Remote; Virtual
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Teddy Stackman
This product helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. The company designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness.
We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals, needs, attitudes, and emotions, to help define the products and experiences we create. We are a multi-disciplinary team of UX designers, researchers, and writers, who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative products that have real impact in people’s lives.
As a UX Designer in the mobile team, you'll have the opportunity to design features that millions of users engage with every day as a core part of their health and fitness journey.
Our mission is to uncover the mysteries of sleep to enable everyone to consistently achieve restorative nights of rest.
This program is focused on helping people build an understanding of what impacts their sleep quality and what they can do to sleep better. It helps you understand your unique sleep patterns, optimizes the experience by bringing the most relevant data forward, gives you deeper and more personalized insights, and motivates you to feel empowered to improve your sleep with delight and guidance.
You will partner directly with colleagues from UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, R&D, and others to ensure high quality execution support for already in-progress feature development, and drive initial explorations related to new feature enhancements and experiments.
If the idea of crafting elegant experiences that will directly impact millions of users, helping them better understand their sleep and improve their sleep quality and overall health, then this is the opportunity for you. The team you would be working with will be primarily in Germany (PM) and Romania (ENG), with ramp up / down with UXD in the S.F. Bay Area. Come join us in San Francisco / Bay Area, NYC, EU, UK or remote.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, UX team members, R&D and other cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and solve complex problems to solve user needs.
- Work with product managers and engineers throughout the whole product design and development process.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, and/or high fidelity prototypes to stakeholders and cross-functional leadership.
- Integrate user feedback in collaboration with UXR and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Work with engineering to export required assets and provide solutions to edge cases that may arise.
- Advocate for design centered changes, refinements, and improvements to solve user needs.
- You must meet these minimum qualifications to apply for this job
- Bachelor's degree in a design field, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Portfolio featuring your interaction and visual design in a mobile context.
Proven ability to...
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers, UX team members, R&D and other cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and solve complex problems to solve user needs.
• Work with product managers and engineers throughout the whole product design and development process.
• Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, and/or high fidelity prototypes to stakeholders and cross-functional leadership.
• Integrate user feedback in collaboration with UXR and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
• Work with engineering to export required assets and provide solutions to edge cases that may arise.
• Advocate for design centered changes, refinements, and improvements to solve user needs.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.