- Minn, Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, or San Diego
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
Major Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k, Paid holidays and PTO.
This person MUST be local to Minn, Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, or San Diego. Work from home!
*Background check required
The Product Experience Design (XD) team seeks a passionate, collaborative, and outgoing candidate to join our group. You will have a strong attention to human-centered experience design and System Thinking that will drive transformation in the retail industry. You will be the XD thought leader on a product team with input from research, creating strategic visions and approaches conduct quality assurance to ensure final product is far above standard for our users. You will be responsible for partnering within the Product Team in creating experiences for our employee-facing selling applications that inspire customers. This will support our Retail initiative to re-imagine our retail selling environment.
Collaboration is at the center of how we work with product managers, researchers, developers, as you engage users and business operations partners throughout discovery of concepts and deliverables. You will work strategically to align with team partners on roadmap and priorities in an enabled environment to do your best work.
Looking for a thought leader who is able to strategically think beyond boundaries of convention while bringing an engagingly elegant mobile app experience to life. Must be able to lead workshops, collaborate in research planning, create and work from low-fidelity wires, then incorporate systems and libraries into high-level designs to share with users, team members and stakeholders for refinement. Will be responsible for enhancing the functionality delivered to internal users across roles, devices. Will be pulled into other projects as needs arise.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Produce a variety of XD and UX deliverables for journeys, visions, strategies, information architecture and visual design.
- Must understand mobile first and be proficient in designing for touch devices.
- Be responsible for creating flows and wireframes to depict interaction solutions that are in-line with business and IT requirements.
- Be responsible for defining and understanding human centered problems and designing solutions and delivering assets that adhere the Retail Visual Design Language, used to guide all design decisions for our Retail applications
- Able to quickly and seamlessly move between designing for different platforms and fully understand the nuances between all.
- Ability to work with business product owners, IT developers, business analysts, and other project resources.
- Ability to translate human needs, business requirements and strategy documents into intuitive, simple, concise and world-class solutions.
- Ability to present XD and UX work and findings to a variety of audience, including business product owners, IT resources, and senior leaders in the enterprise.
- Perform UX quality assurance against developed applications and log defects with development teams.
- Collaborate with other XD/UX partners to deliver the optimal solution based on user need and requirements.
- Seek and gain alignment across business and discipline groups.
- Deliver XD and UX assets to third party, off-site development team for implementation.
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
- Portfolio required for submission (online or PDF is acceptable)
o Portfolio must include mobile first use cases, user flows, wireframes and visual designs
- 7+ years’ experience delivering digital solutions for mobile first applications in Retail, or comparable industry
- Additional experience; Service Design, System Thinking, working on tablet applications, website, and other touch-based interfaces
- Strong ability to collaborate and assert a point of view positively
- Ability to work ambiguity into a position of clarity
- Bachelor’s Degree in user experience, graphic design, marketing, human factors or similar
- Figma design and prototyping skills
- Miro board collaborative work initiation and workshop participation
- Familiarity with Jira
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
What are the soft skills that you feel candidates must-have in order to be successful in this role?
1. Comfortable presenting work to users, product managers, researchers, business and IT partners
2. Relationship builder
3. Entrepreneurial and ability to thrive with ambiguity and change
4. Self-driven, assertive and pro-active
5. Presentation skills
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates:
1. Corporate design experience
2. Retail, ecommerce businesses
3. Mobile (native & web)
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT! Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
This engagement qualifies for unique PTO and paid Holidays
Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Weekly Direct Deposit
Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
Free continued learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
Compare our benefits to other agencies, here!
Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM