- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amanda Hoffay
Aquent's Client is looking for a seasoned product Design Program Manager to lead design operations and special projects for our Buyer Pillar, the central hub of a cross family organization delivering the Shops buyer experience across our Family of Apps.
A rare opportunity to own ops for a consumer-facing product team with a Company P0 charter and significant executive visibility, this role comes with tremendous career growth potential.
KEYS TO SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE - Design operations and management for product along with design delivery for the product lifecycle
In this role, you’ll focus on building operational solutions that enable cross-family product execution at scale, and lead strategic/vision projects by orchestrating coordinated operations across multiple, cross-family teams. You’ll optimize day-to-day Pillar operations, while spearheading initiatives that elevate product quality and foster culture, connections and communication across teams.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced strategic product ops leader who is energized by solving complex problems in the horizontal, 0-1 product space:
- A quick-thinking problem solver who can steer teams toward clarity in the face of ambiguity
- A crisp and influential communicator who can effectively represent design to XFN leaders across the product life cycle.
- An operational master-mind who can conceive and deploy innovative frameworks and solutions that maximize capacity, reduce collaboration tax and enable teams to scale effectively.
Areas of Focus:
- Drive cross-family collaboration at scale
- The central buyer organization is made up of 7 cross family, virtual teams who partner closely to deliver the consideration to purchase experience. They also collaborate with a multitude of partners who are shipping features into central buyer surfaces. Key to this role is partnering with Buyer Org design and XFN leaders to define, plan and roll-out strategic ops solutions that drive x-family collaboration within and across buyer teams, including improvements to x-fam org structure, new and refined working models, establishing/driving x-fam design & XFN forums (like crits, reviews, office hours), shaping comms strategy and unifying/deploying tracking systems and workflow tools at scale to promote visibility, clarity and effective collaboration.
- Lead strategy & vision projects
- Lead planning and execution of design-led, strategic projects like north-star / vision work and executive pitches/presentations that set long term product direction. Shops vision initiatives are often horizontal, multi-team efforts that require impeccable stakeholder management, team ops orchestration and communications planning + delivery.
- Elevate design quality
- Build, maintain and scale programs that set a high bar for UX/UI quality across the Buyer org. Work with design leads to establish a quality rubric across craft, usability, performance and accessibility dimensions. Deliver initiatives, such as benchmarking tools, designer diff reviews, eng x design office hours and dogfooding rituals, that promote adherence to standards across the product life cycle.
- Optimize the Buyer Pillar operating model & resourcing
- Partner with Pillar leads to create regular connections between Buyer sub-teams and across Commerce PG Pillars. Own weekly design ops meetings, design reviews/crits and design managers meetings. Drive pillar-level workstream tracking and resource/capacity planning initiatives. Onboard new Buyer design team members, and define what success looks like 30, 60, and 90 days in.
- Foster culture and community across the Buyer Pillar and Shops teams
- Identify opportunities to help the Commerce Design team better collaborate and socialize work through shared challenges, and to learn from each other. Create clear guidelines for some of our operating rhythms and ways we come together as an org. Identify opportunities, plan and facilitate key design sprints, team workshops, and design events
- Design operations and management for product along with design delivery for the product lifecycle
- Operate autonomously. Proactively identify areas of risk and opportunity. Mobilize stakeholders and teams to take action.
- Think strategically. Conceive solutions at scale, while keeping a close watch on the details of execution and delivering results
- Exhibit impeccable communication skills. Represent design, influence and collaborate across XFN.
- Conceive and deploy innovative design ops frameworks and solutions. Maximize capacity, reduce collaboration tax and enable teams to scale effectively.
- Lead in planning, scoping, execution of complex, strategic projects. Facilitate alignment, manage stakeholder expectations and drive results.
- Focus on building relationships and establishing trust between new partners to create a safe space for collaboration
- Leverage design thinking acument/playbooks to plan, facilitate and engage XFN in participatory design workshops and sprints
- Support team health by driving resource capacity tracking and headcount planning