- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose.
This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You will use your excellent design skills and utilize design thinking to deliver project work and key initiatives across multiple touchpoints. You may handle many projects at once, and many with critical deadlines, and you excel at knowing how to successfully prioritize your work to meet the objectives set forth.
You are an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality.
You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You will deliver well-crafted, distinctive and quality designs, and contribute inventive design solutions to projects and programs
- Adept at interpreting data points, you are skilled at translating these into compelling visuals and information designs
- Your scope of work will include journey maps, brand systems and patient experience materials
- You will partner and collaborate with key stakeholders, designer and product owners and take ownership of certain aspects of the project or program, and independently manage the work load
- You will coordinate deadlines in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Through multiple channels of teamwork, you will help create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touchpoints, meeting specifications and timelines
- You’ll work closely with project team members to propose design solutions for the business partner’s anticipated needs, gaps and goals
- You are proactive and anticipate needs and communication follow-up and -through
- You will be hands-on design 75% in a supported environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or design-related field is required
- 4 – 7 years of design experience required
- Experience in the Healthcare and Pharma sector preferred, but not required
- Digital design experience is a plus, but not required
- Persistent and diligent attention to detail, while maintaining overall understanding of projects
- Fluency in Adobe Suite (XD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required
- Cross platform experience in Microsoft and document management application is required
- Demonstrated strong visual, written and verbal communications skills to execute project briefs is required
- Superior presentation skills a plus
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
o Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
o Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
o Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view