- New Jersey
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shymala Hoffman
**This is not a design role. It is more Project Management based within the Operations team. Ideal person would have Digital Project Management background in UX/UI.**
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers, whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. We build the tools our merchants need to select the very best products to help our customers live better. We also make the services and systems our 1.2 million employees need to do their jobs in our stores and throughout our entire supply chain.
As the Design Operations Lead, you will collaborate with design teams across our entire portfolio to set up the structures and processes to enable the whole organization to do our best work. You’ll be empowered to identify challenges and create solutions in areas ranging from productivity and optimization to building design culture and connection. You will facilitate conversations across the team, identify high-impact improvements, and roll out experiments so we can create great solutions. We are a “show, don’t tell” type of team and are looking for a resourceful self-starter with strong communication skills to help build a great Design operations function in our broad team. We believe in bringing dignity, access, and great design to our customers, associates, and partners, and your leadership will help us deliver excellence in everything we do.
As the biggest player in the game, we trust our teams to innovate the future of shopping, all while building a resilient and awesome design culture. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, and want to have some fun too – being our Design Operations Lead could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Solving problems big and small with curiosity and openness.
- Creating flexible processes and contributing to building a great design culture in the team and beyond.
- Anticipating and resolving challenges with the best tools or collaborators.
- Maintaining resourcing contracts, software tools, collaboration platforms, knowledge repositories, and membership lists.
- Planning and executing events and happenings to inspire and connect the team, including onboarding and quarterly meetups.
- You are invigorated working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You find opportunities to bring out the best in people, you collaborate easily, operate independently, and are comfortable giving and getting feedback.
- You produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different activities, and have great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record in Design Operations.
- Passion for design and a real interest in retail and the future of shopping.
- Understanding and belief in the design process – especially inclusion, empathy, and experimentation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a large corporate environment, across cross-functional teams.
- Fluency with systems like Workday, Confluence, LinkedIn, and an understanding of finance procedure reducing procurement and contract management.
Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Design Operations, program management within cross-functional teams, or as an experienced design program manager.